Sign in to follow this  
JMeJ2

Have you seen the inventory method in ECO...

Reason, I'm asking is... the inventory system  in this game is pretty bad. REALLY NEEDS to be improved just so we can "play". You literally have to carry everything with you in order to make stuff in this game. I spend more time organizing inventory than I play.

So basically the way the inventory works in that game (ECO) is thru linking. Linking to other chests, and/or stockpiles. In other words, if I had a chest and a stockpile near my smelting  furnace and they were linked all I'd have to do is go to the smelter, put my order in (I could put in the amount up to 999 also) and it would automatically take it from my stockpile (that I previously stocked) and put the ingots in my linked chest. I could also go to 1 chest & (as long as it was near everything), I could then take what I needed from any stockpile or chest and/or move it to any stockpile or chest. But here's the other big thing: I  had my work benches near and they were also linked to chests/stockpiles and I could craft my tools at the appropriate work station with the linked chests/stockpiles that had the appropriate material. I could do all of this without having to carry everything I own with me & then die with everything I own with me. This game has the paint gun advantage so that you can color chests & that's awesome (ECO could really use this). Just like this game, it wasn't instant crafting, but I could at least go do other stuff than have to fart around with my inventory all the time. Please please please check out their system or something similar. Especially for single player. 

Or make everything with infinite stackability but also...I find it unbelievable that you can't stack paper in this game. Really? Of all the things you should be able to stack paper would/should be at the top of this list. That's just silly stupid. Lol

Having said all of this, the reason for the passionate request is....I LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH. It is by far my favorite game that I've ever played. I just really want y'all to be the best that you can be. But I give mad props to the devs as it is a beautiful, hilariously funny, fun game. Thank you for this gift of a game. I'm grateful and appreciative of you. 

Edited by Jamie Lee Jagla
  • Like 1