Sign in to follow this  
WijkagentAdrie

Housing/building suggestions.

Question

Hello,

What I've seen on a few multiplayer survival servers is that there's not really an incentive for a lot of players to build houses in these gamemodes. Quite often I find players simply build a few chests/crafting stations on the beach, to then progress through the game that way. It would be nice if there would be benefits to living indoors (especially on the more extreme biomes!). For example, the ability to keep heat inside or provide a certain stat bonus (less hunger, more regeneration and a slight increase in defense?). It would be nice if the teepee would give say 33% of the bonuses, so you could quickly make a shelter.

I think a secondary reason for this would be that building a house (especially in survival) can be a bit of a pain compared to the editor. The new blueprints make it a lot easier, but it's a shame that you can't use the advanced editing in game without going out the game, changing the building in the editor and then going back in your survival game. Wouldn't it be a cool idea to have "editor mode" available in the protective barrier? And that it would take resources either from a certain container/stockpile in the protective area or your own inventory.

Adrie

• Upvote 3

1 reply to this bug / suggestion