MrBestCat

Exploration (Experimental) - How to start a new single-player game?

Hello! I'm playing Ylands version 1.5.0.100899. I was playing the new Exploration (Experimental) multiplayer game with some friends. They are no longer playing so I deleted the last saved progress because I wanted to start a new single-player game. Now when I go to the game start page, I see region map with all islands showing '?'. When I click on any of them (single or multiplayer), nothing happens. I get no options to start a new game. Upon entering the game's start page, I also see a notification saying "YOUR LAST SESSION IS NO LONGER REACHABLE." Clicking the target icon on the bottom-right of the screen does nothing. Can someone please help me figure out how I can start a new single-player exploration game? Thanks!

I think you need to go into settings and use the two buttons on the bottom. I am not sure what will happen to your barrier generator, but since you already deleted the save, it might be gone anyways.

Ylands_201221_074008.thumb.png.750ae6b24e31a23d83cf2c9ebe28f3eb.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@ocnoglittle thank you for the solution! Deleting progress of the exploration world did the trick. And I got to keep my inventory :-). I had not used my protective barrier so it is still in my inventory as well. I did not try deleting my character progress so I don't know what happens to your protective barrier if you do that. One caveat; I don't know how this affects legacy exploration if you have saved games there.