Sign in to follow this  
PrestonWolf

Suggestions

Question

Was told to post this suggestions on here rather than the Ylands subreddit. 

• Some way to update the map so you can see your Ylands change as you destroy trees or construct buildings, etc &/or when placing icons on the map allow players to put a tag/text with them so its easier to identify what the icon is, maybe make the player have some form of pencil in their inventory to enable this feature 
  • Allow players to create buckets so they can fill ponds, swimming pools or if players wanted to build an aquarium inside their home/base

I know these aren’t really fully game changing changes but would just be nice to see implemented in my opinion

• Upvote 2

1 reply to this bug / suggestion

Hello (I was the person that recommended talking here instead of the subreddit :) )

I asked Aleš about the map updating when you destroy trees and construct buildings. He said, "There will be slight changes to how these maps are now generated. There is a problem with them how they are now. We want to be able to show entities and provide custom maps. In 1.7 we will change this. But it will be internal changes first. In 1.8, we will have creator-generated maps. Maybe something where you can export terrain data to photoshop and then edit it. And creators can use scripting to add icons to the map."

I do really like the idea of adding names to the map icons. I wish there was one specifically for traders and one specifically for caves.

For the bucket idea, I think they are already working on this. He said, "We had a similar idea where we wanted you to be able to carry one unit of water and add that water to the map." 

I absolutely love the idea of an aquarium!

• Like 1