kimbuck

Greetings from Downunder.

Discovered this game  by accident after becoming tired of other mmrp games where  griefers and cheats ruin it. Its so frustrating to  arrive as a new player only to be continually set upon by groups who wait around simply to attack and  destroy the creations of others who  have  not advanced  in the game.

I liked the trial game  ..so  paid  up  for  the game  from the store... and  have  really  enjoyed myself. my first 3 islands were disasters... the fourth one i encountered a bug where i  kept  falling through the  earth and died immediately  on respawning!

My latest island  is  more of a success..i have yet to check out the caves, but have located  2 islands  with  resources ...one  had a   huge  gold  vein  just inside a cave entrance,  and i   see on my  map at least 3 other islands  to visit, if i can avoid those  sharks.

hopefully  some time  soon there will be provision for  modding... and  improving the avatar appearance.

• Upvote 1

On 22/09/2017 at 8:53 AM, kimbuck said:

Discovered this game  by accident after becoming tired of other mmrp games where  griefers and cheats ruin it. Its so frustrating to  arrive as a new player only to be continually set upon by groups who wait around simply to attack and  destroy the creations of others who  have  not advanced  in the game.

I liked the trial game  ..so  paid  up  for  the game  from the store... and  have  really  enjoyed myself. my first 3 islands were disasters... the fourth one i encountered a bug where i  kept  falling through the  earth and died immediately  on respawning!

My latest island  is  more of a success..i have yet to check out the caves, but have located  2 islands  with  resources ...one  had a   huge  gold  vein  just inside a cave entrance,  and i   see on my  map at least 3 other islands  to visit, if i can avoid those  sharks.

hopefully  some time  soon there will be provision for  modding... and  improving the avatar appearance.

Hi Kimbuck!

I'm in Melbourne and have just bought this game. My brother and I had been playing 7 days to die, but after discovering it increases in difficulty based on one player's level, it became impossible to play (as I didn't log in as often as he). We've been searching for a coop sandbox for a while and are very excited about Ylands!   I'm onto my 2nd Island and am struggling with an interact glitch, but I just LOVE the game! I am glad to hear it took a few goes for you to get the hang of it too, so I'll keep plodding along. 

On steam I'm EzzyRox if you'd like to add me. :)

Happy Ylanding.

Ezzy.

• Upvote 1

Ezzy .. theres a thread   "updated  tips for  survival"  in the  general discussion thread...   check it out,  and also under the creations   tab the lands of   Bong Bongo  and  despotica

I have to abandon despotica as  i too had the  crash through the   land and  die  experience, and in doing do lost  the only  supply of  sulphur  ore  in  my game   so  i cannot  advance, The Updates  since seem to have  fixed that  bug.

Expect to die a few times in each game ...  luckily  there's only  wolves to encounter and  no  uluru dingoesxD

Planning to start  my ext attempt  called  "Dingoland" later this afternoon.