Sign in to follow this  
Hunter-Over-Fire

Boss Monsters

Question

One of the problems I've found with this game is that once you've reached the top, you're at THE TOP. But what if I suggested a way to change that? One little slip downwards that can make any end-game player feel in peril. Introducing, BOSS MONSTERS. Yea, I know, it is a very basic idea. I was thinking that the boss monsters would be so tough to fight that they would give even endgame players a run for their money. I was thinking things like the Kraken or the Megalodon that you'd have to continuously pound with the cannons, or else, they'll destroy your ship. If this concept does make it through, I'd recommend making running away from or dying to these Boss Monsters ultimately punishing. If you die or run away, they'll dissapear, and you wouldn't get their loot. I'd also suggest making it hard to run away from the Boss Monsters, just to encourage the player to fight them (or discourage the player from engaging them). I'd also recommend making a way to summon the Boss Monsters incase the player is a masochist, also because finding these things in the wild should be more than a little rare if not impossible. In terms of loot, the Boss Monsters shouldn't drop anything much stronger than the current strongest gear, for it'll just put the player at THE TOP again. Also, it might encourage players to band together in order to take these things down. Speaking of, each Boss should drop its own little trinket or trophy so that those strong enough to defeat one can feel proud of themselves, and brag to their friends.

Edited by Hunter-Over-Fire
Fixing Things

0 replies to this bug / suggestion

No replies to this bug / suggestion