Sign in to follow this  
Hunter-Over-Fire

Island Diversity

Question

The game is fun to play, and I particularly love traveling between islands, however the Islands lack unique properties and are all pretty similar in terms of form.

[Small Islands]

The game wouldn't be called YLANDS if it weren't for all of the Islands scattered around every map. Every Island you run into will most likely be similar to the last. Each Island is either big, or extremely big. I can care less about changing the current Islands for now, and more on adding new ones. I suggest working in a way to add small Islands that polka-dot around every map. That way the larger islands can become more special, and the new and very abundant small islands can catch the eyes of any sea-farer as a small yet beautiful detail. The Islands would be small and roughly the size of the spawning Island. They would spawn semi-frequently around every map, just to make the bigger islands more valuable, and to wow the community with a new and unique Island type. The Islands would have one to zero random encounter spawns on them, giving a small reason to visit them at all.

[Mini Biomes]

Currently, each Island is set to house one specific biome based on its region. The problem with this is that it spans the whole Island, aswell as all of the other islands in the current world. Mini Biomes are a good way to combat this. Rather than the player expecting what each Island contains, Mini Biomes add another layer of mystery to each island, giving the player a good reason to scout out the entire island. The Mini Biomes would correlate with the world's region, for example, Tropical Islands might have swamps, and Arid Islands might have oases. This could also offer a good chance to add plenty off new assets and creatures for the community to discover.

Edited by Hunter-Over-Fire
Spelling Correction

0 replies to this bug / suggestion

No replies to this bug / suggestion