Sign in to follow this  
rihapat

Dev Diary #286 What Is Ylands?

Ahoy Ylanders!

Here and there we notice that some of new adventurers are not quite sure what Ylands is about. TLDR; Ylands is an adventure game. Whether it's sailing the high seas, exploring diverse ylands and vast underwater world or fighting in dangerous caves, building exquisite ship-bases, experiencing the story, creating wonders in sandbox creative mode and scripting in editor it is all there. Of course, you can always resort to slowly chilling through your days while growing crops, taming animals and watching beautiful sunsets. Alone or with friends, the choice is yours.

Since the forms and enjoyment of Ylands comes in so many forms, you just need to find your own, like other Ylanders! Read on and learn what they cherish the most!

DD_286_Steam_1920x1080.jpg

What Ylanders love on Ylands

zenbubbha

"Moving into my first "Castle in the Sky" is my most memorable experience. Because I thought: "Here's a game that really rewards creativity and experimentation yet is structured enough that those creations can be found, explored, and used by other players just like any original game asset." That's a rare balance."

castleinthesky.jpeg

Thomas Lawrnece

"I love to play the game with all the feature, from the exploration with its beautiful places and editor for building new things and experiment. I love the fact that all the people are not toxic but gentle, want to enjoy the game all together and help others, and kind devs who are in my opinion the best devs I've ever met."

YoHasLEGO

"...Islands were pretty far apart at that time (early access), and we did not have the view distance like we have now. Spending days at sea, not knowing if you'll ever find another island. Those were the true adventures. (...) Nowadays I like to spend most of my time building in the editor. Not for minigames and such, but rather builds that could be placed in adventure. Being able to use them in this infinite adventure world, really gives them a sense of purpose."

spirit 2.2

"I stumbled on a multiplayer server called "World of Dreams: Journey to the 12 Kingdoms" that was created by Spyler and Christal and instantly became enamored of the effort they had put in the map. Here was a multiplayer server that had 12 ylands to explore, all with puzzles and monsters to defeat, and even the occasional boss monster. The structures they had created on these ylands were a sight to behold. It gave me inspiration knowing there was a lot more to the game than met the eye. The day I met Spyler and Christal and discovered a community of people that loved helping others is my most memorable experience, and I probably would not be playing the game these days if I had not discovered them."

What you love about Ylands and what you like doing in the game? Let us know in the comments or on our Discord server!

Stay Classy

• Like 4