Gogsjsy

Hi Guys,

Hello Everyone,

I took advantage of the free trial yesterday,  really  enjoyed it actually, there is someting about the look and feel of the game. However I spent the last half of my free hour trying to work out how to craft arrows.  I collected wood,sticks,rope,stone, every little plant I could find and still couldn't work  out.   Did I miss something? I play alot of survival games and usually can figure  this out but not this time!

Cheers in advance 

Gogs

Edited by Gogsjsy
  • Upvote 1

Hello Gogsjsy,

you need something not that pointy and not that heavy. Sparkles maker can be useful too. Conifer's tears are an essential substance. Last but not least is a common twig.

(I have attached txt file with solution if you do not like riddles)

solution.txt

2 hours ago, Houp said:

Hello Gogsjsy,

you need something not that pointy and not that heavy. Sparkles maker can be useful too. Conifer's tears are an essential substance. Last but not least is a common twig.

(I have attached txt file with solution if you do not like riddles)

Hi Houp,

And thanks for the cryptic clue..

I have to admit I did go straight to the text file but apparently I dont have permission to open it, however this has been a blessing in disguise because now I want to solve this riddle.

Something not that light and not that heavy... a feather? i had these in my inventory.

Sparkles maker... this has me thinking . .. sparkles... fire, sparkles... FLINT?

Conifer tears.. tree sap?

Hope I am on the rite path :)

We certainly should think about some more versatility there to make it more straightforward. Gogsjsy, what would be the logical things you would think would be alternative approach to craft arrows of various types?

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Gogsjsy said:

I have to admit I did go straight to the text file but apparently I dont have permission to open it

Weird. Did you try it while being logged?

A feather and a flint are good guesses. Thumbs up! Tree sap is right too. Just we call it a resin in our game. You should be able to craft it now. :)

52 minutes ago, Myrik Greene said:

We certainly should think about some more versatility there to make it more straightforward. Gogsjsy, what would be the logical things you would think would be alternative approach to craft arrows of various types?

Well the first thing I tried was sticks and stones, then sticks and gravel, then sticks stones gravel rope... then I added feathers to the mix..   

I think that for a basic arrow a stick / twig would suffice ?  I mean without a feather for a flight and a stone/flint head it would be rubbish but at least it would get players going.  And looking back in time I wonder if a feather was a progression on the arrow father then a founding feature?  

Watching the Bohemia incubator intro video the devs mention this being a family game that kids can play, and for the reason making an arrow (even a basic arrow) easily craftable would keep the kids interested.

52 minutes ago, Houp said:

Weird. Did you try it while being logged?

A feather and a flint are good guesses. Thumbs up! Tree sap is right too. Just we call it a resin in our game. You should be able to craft it now. :)

Well I sure did enjoy your little riddle!

Edit: Maybe I wasn't logged in! owell all sorted now.

Many thanks guys

Edited by Gogsjsy
  • Upvote 2