Question

Anyone can add here as you play, I'll kick off:

The steam engine which looks like a train boiler has problems with it's size, it keeps saying it's outside the vehicle boundaries,

When hovering with the mouse over the coyns shop icon (after pressing esc), it reads Ylands codex.

Edit:

I'm unable to use the different color layers on for example the car parts. Painting either of them colors both of them that color. Nor can I pick the 2nd or 3rd color.

Edited by WijkagentAdrie
  • Thanks 1

28 replies to this bug / suggestion

4 hours ago, Houp said:

It would be very helpful. Thank you! Please do not forget to attach log files when this problem occurs.

Regarding this issue: I've tried it and it literally instantly happened, logs are attached. To reproduce:

Open up the editor,

Generate new terrain,

Place a ship,

Place a stone block wall on there (but works with any block),

Paint some blocks,

Use Ctrl+Z to undo the painting.

After undoing, instead of unpainting the blocks, they completely disappear. I'm now gonna have a look at the car chassis one.

Adrie

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

• Thanks 1

Regarding the painting not working: I now see what I did wrong. The way the painting tool in the editor works is substantially different compared to the painting tool while playing. I thought that just like in the editor, I could for example paint both layers a different color with 1 click. Using the correct setting makes it work. This makes sense when you think about it, but when you first used it in the editor it is confusing. Maybe add this to the codex?

And now for the last "error":

I first made an identical car to the one I used on your server in a new creative session, hosted by myself. It's a simple car, 2 engines, 2 seats, a front and a trunk. I've wired it all up and it worked, both the trunk started moving (the cogwheels on it) and the lights were on, although indeed the lamps themselves look black.

Then I went on the dedicated server and tried it with the same car:

20171128200124_1.thumb.jpg.7eeec59b486efa1b1aaf7a103388b681.jpg

Initially I thought the lights were working, but the cogs weren't spinning. I then took my helmet off to check whether the light wasn't coming from there, and indeed the light beam was from my helmet and not from the car:

20171128200207_1.thumb.jpg.7b4588e8c88644500a074256f850d2fd.jpg

The engine is running in this picture! I checked all my energy streams and they are there and they are exactly the same as on my singleplayer car. In the last picture you can see the engine being on and the actual energy line being there, but the energy line itself won't turn on. I tried to manually start the engines from outside the car and inside but the lights wouldn't switch on. As this is on the dedicated server I don't think there is much priority in fixing this as it does work in single player. I've also attached logs, I rebooted the game just to test this to get fresh logs :) 

If there's any more questions, feel free to ask!

Adrie

20171128200143_1.thumb.jpg.e283caa1220fead54a706627e232c8f0.jpg

20171128200217_1.thumb.jpg.15ee5e4b4783c6b92dae86e0f70507be.jpg

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

• Thanks 1

On 11/28/2017 at 8:46 PM, WijkagentAdrie said:

Regarding this issue: I've tried it and it literally instantly happened, logs are attached. To reproduce:

Open up the editor,

Generate new terrain,

Place a ship,

Place a stone block wall on there (but works with any block),

Paint some blocks,

Use Ctrl+Z to undo the painting.

After undoing, instead of unpainting the blocks, they completely disappear. I'm now gonna have a look at the car chassis one.

Adrie

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Thank you! Fix will be delivered in few days in next update

Painting: we will discuss how to improve codex for it.

Regarding steam engines on dedicated server. Now I am able to reproduce it. We can fix it now.

• Like 1