Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

The Yland of "Despotica"

The new crafting tree rendered my previous  yland   obsolete, as it and the  surrounding ylands   did not have  rubber trees etc , and the  update  promised more...including a bigger yland.

So the Yland of Despotica has been created,  and I, the "Dear Leader" ...or  despot ... -  is  running  riot  creating items to assist in my preparation to  takeover the world

My base is  still in its early stages, but  i can show a screenshot of the twin dockyards,  one containing the magnificent exploration vessel, the  "S.S. Rockbottom", which  features a  spike laden stern to discourage  amorous  sharks. Note the  seagull statue at the bow! :D

As  i progress , more  screenshots  will appear,  hopefully  giving other  Ylanders  Ideas  and  encouragement as to  what can be  done...

I  also found  some old  coins  while  digging...will the developers  allow them to be traded for ' coyns" ? :P

20171202150135_1.jpg

Edited by kimbuck
did not use spellchecker ...

The  S.S. Rockbottom  in full sail ... It  is  equipped with sleeping area, a  smelter to  occupy time when weather is  to nasty  to explore, and  twin braziers to provide  light and warmth,  with lots of   storage  around the sides.

It pays to light the   braziers as son as you see nasty weather, as with the new updates, you cannot light a fire  outdoors when its  raining.

So  far  sharks  have  left me  alone ... i think the spiky  stern is a factor..

20171202153854_1.jpg

20171203134615_1.jpg

It looks like   the time to  leave  despotica  and  start a new adventure.   After a week of   crafting and  exploring  and   surviving, i have reached the stage were i have  explored fully 10  islands....  and  that's all  i can find. I started this game  prior to the steam release  so it might  have  missed a lot of the  enhancements  that  came  with " countless colors".

The  sticking point is ,  2  islands are polar and un -inhabitable, with  no  visible ore  resources other than heaps of   aggressive  polar bears.

one island had vertical  sides  all sides and  impossible to  land on,  and  one tropical  island, which to its  credit has  rubber and  heaps of   coal / copper/ iron ore ...   but that's all. ...and plenty of  wolves  ..i had to dispose of at least 15  and i could still hear them   at  night!

Of the  7  other islands, they are all identical  temperate regions, heaps of    flint and  clay, conifers, snow on the  hills  and   2  saltpeter deposits,  but  i can only  find  caves on 2 of them , and  absolutely no sulphur anywhere... so  advancement in the game   is not possible.   No  sulfur, therefore  no  rubber  slabs .. so unable to craft certain   things needed to advance

I scoured the  seas around all the   islands ..no  desert island,   just those   10 islands...    and  sharks!  I found   a  group in a  threesome that was highly  amusing, but  a  bit to risque in appearance to place  a screenshot   here

So ..  looks  like  time to start a new  adventure and hopefully   spawn on a newer set up  with more variety in ores and resources.

For the  records,  i submit a screenshot  of  Despotica  base,  with the  S.S Rockbottom moored in one of the   dockyards.

20171209142545_1.jpg

weight was not an issue. I have  since since moved to a new game to take advantage of the  0.6  updates   (ie rubber  etc)  and   built a new ship  in that  game that's  not so  overburdened. We don't get the  sharks  trying to climb on board anymore so a lot of the protection is  not  needed. The front   ramp and  stairs  i  have retained as  they are handing when landing to explore new Ylands.