Daniel Santiago

Why i can't play Ylands?

Question

First of all, english is not my first language so, Im sorry if I write something wrong

I bought Ylands on Steam but i cant play it, the game doesn´t open... well it does but I can only hear the music but I can´t see the game in my screen, I put a screenshot I hope you can help me, greetings from México :)

Sin título.png

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

New here too but I work in IT. Some general ideas would be to update your video drivers and your Windows 10. Either of those could cause the issue. Maybe try a file verification on Ylands in Steam if those other two don't help.

23 minutes ago, sgc_spartan said:

New here too but I work in IT. Some general ideas would be to update your video drivers and your Windows 10. Either of those could cause the issue. Maybe try a file verification on Ylands in Steam if those other two don't help.

I got my windows updated and the video drivers and still nothing :(

Nvidia sent me an automatic  "game ready"  update for my video card driver  yesterday. I suspect that  most of  the problems  people are getting is  due  to  their  card not meeting the min  specifications.  I ave a Nvidia GTX 750 with  2 meg  memory..and   that's sufficient ... just .. as i  do get some frame rate  drop now and then.

Also there's your internet  connection... I am on  fast adsl2,  but  sometimes i get lag spikes, especially  during  times of  peak usage.

Also  wifi connections  can  slow you down ...  I have a cordless mouse, and it was  horrible...  but fixed when i took the receiver from the back of  my computer and  plugged it into a  usb extension cable  which i taped to  near my  keyboard, about  300  mm from the mouse pad ... fixed it!:D

I would  suggest that anyone  having  difficulties should  compare their  set up  specifications  with the recommended ones. .... also  ensure  any  antivirus  / firewall has the game  whitelisted.

16 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

Nvidia sent me an automatic  "game ready"  update for my video card driver  yesterday. I suspect that  most of  the problems  people are getting is  due  to  their  card not meeting the min  specifications.  I ave a Nvidia GTX 750 with  2 meg  memory..and   that's sufficient ... just .. as i  do get some frame rate  drop now and then.

Also there's your internet  connection... I am on  fast adsl2,  but  sometimes i get lag spikes, especially  during  times of  peak usage.

Also  wifi connections  can  slow you down ...  I have a cordless mouse, and it was  horrible...  but fixed when i took the receiver from the back of  my computer and  plugged it into a  usb extension cable  which i taped to  near my  keyboard, about  300  mm from the mouse pad ... fixed it!:D

I would  suggest that anyone  having  difficulties should  compare their  set up  specifications  with the recommended ones. .... also  ensure  any  antivirus  / firewall has the game  whitelisted.

This are my specs, can I play with this? Im not an expert of PC I play in my laptop

Sin título.png

This is what i  found on the  website regarding  min specs:

Minimum
Operating system: Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (64-bit Operating System Required)
Processor: Intel Core i3-4160 @ 3.60GHz processor
Memory: 4GB RAM
Graphics Card: discrete DirectX 11 GPU with at least 1GB of VRAM
DirectX: 11
Hard Drive Space: 500 MB
Recommended
Operating system: Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (64-bit Operating System Required)
Processor: Intel Core i5-4690K @ 3.50GHz processor
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
DirectX: 11
Hard Drive Space:

500 MB

I have an i3 with 16 Gb  ram and a  Nvidia gtx 750 

I am not  familiar with the operating  speed of  AMD  .... but the  2.0 GHz  might  be an issue ...but i am not a technical expert.

There will be an expert out  ther,e  who can enlighten us?B|