Sign in to follow this  
Geoff01

Iron saw prerequisites?

I seem to be stuck unable to make an iron saw. Are there any prerequisites? I have a hammer, iron, sticks etc.. Do I need to discover something first? I've been all over the starter Island twice.

I did do this before posting ;) It says: hammer, iron, sticks - also I have the blacksmith and can craft other iron tools

Ok so it seems I can't make nails either so I'm guessing there is something undiscovered? I've been playing for about 6 hours and I think there is nothing left on this yland to discover. Maybe something essential has spawned underground\somewhere inaccessible?

Got it! The game was bugged after exiting and restarting a whole lot of new crafting options are available. This bug may have been related to progressing with building some essential items (I was using a found furnace and blacksmith). Rebuilding all the items in the tech-tree didn't help but restarting did. This one would be good to know for other players and devs ;)

You should only need the iron ingots, sticks and a hammer in the blacksmith forge. Check if your hammer is broken and maybe craft another one. There have been a few issues with hammers in Ylands.

10 hours ago, Geoff01 said:

Got it! The game was bugged after exiting and restarting a whole lot of new crafting options are available. This bug may have been related to progressing with building some essential items (I was using a found furnace and blacksmith). Rebuilding all the items in the tech-tree didn't help but restarting did. This one would be good to know for other players and devs ;)

That is what I had to do multiple times is jsut restart. Sometimes if it doesn't show up to craft you can just switch to your inventory and back and (sometimes) it will finally show to craft it.