Silwercastle

CANT REPRODUCE [YLD-7979] Ship not moving forward

Question

Newly build ship. Large bottom. Ship will move back wards right, but not left or any direction forward when steering it. If I am not on board and the wind blow the ship will move forward if no anchor has been dropped. (That was how I got it of a sandbank.)

Spend more than 15 hrs on this ship please help.

Output logs.zip

20171209193422_1.jpg

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

Currently ships have more "power" when sailing backwards, since you usually get stuck when sailing it forward. You can try to sail it backwards with a large turn to get it out to the open sea. Another option is to dig it out which could take you some time unfortunately. A 3rd option you could try is to make another ship hull and try to ram/push it out backwards (that is, sail backwards in the shallow waters with the new ship). I recommend using a small ship as I believe it's not only smaller but also not as deep as the large hull, but I'm not entirely sure. At least it's cheaper to use. And finally my last option would be to use more sails on your ship. 1 sail is incredibly slow. Maybe adding 2 large sails could give you enough power to get it going :) 

No it is not stranded. It does go forward when I am not on board and the wind blow. It used to be stuck but as I dug it free the ship moved forward on its own.