Question

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

I am having the same issue as well, I can only connect to servers that are run by players or if I am hosting one myself.

But when I try to connect to an official server it will keep having a loading screen without me even creating a chrachter.

I am stuck too.  I see the sky and a lot of texts  like "cleaning littered beachesm starting rivers,...,...", but nothing happens.

Friend of mine had a similar issue  .. turns out it was his  firewall/antivirus baulking at one of the  programs being loaded. it wasn't the  Ylands program but  one of the internal modules  for  sound or  something.   It also could be  Malware  interfering with your connection ...

I get this bug as well.  Once it happens, you can never play that world again!  Whenever I try to connect the host gets this error: 

Coroutine couldn't be started because the the game object 'Content' is inactive!

(Filename:  Line: 769)

Physics.ClosestPoint can only be used with a BoxCollider, SphereCollider, CapsuleCollider and a convex MeshCollider.

(Filename:  Line: 1063)

Non-convex MeshCollider with non-kinematic Rigidbody is no longer supported in Unity 5.
If you want to use a non-convex mesh either make the Rigidbody kinematic or remove the Rigidbody component. Scene hierarchy path "Boat_XL_Hull(Clone)/Entities/W_CharcoalKiln(Clone)(Clone)/W_CharcoalKiln_LOD2", Mesh asset path "" Mesh name "W_CharcoalKiln_LOD2-Faceted"

(Filename:  Line: 0)

thousands of times:

KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[ylands.Yuid,ylands.Character].get_Item (Yuid key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ylands.ai.AiControllerModule.get_CharacterToFollow () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ylands.ai.GetMasterCharacterTargetBehaviour.Update (ylands.ai.AiControllerModule aiModule) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ylands.ai.Behaviour.Tick (ylands.ai.AiControllerModule aiModule) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ylands.ai.BehaviourTree.Tick (ylands.ai.AiControllerModule aiModule) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ylands.ai.AiDirector.UpdateAi (Boolean timeFrozen) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ylands.WorldSimulation.Simulate (ylands.WorldData World) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ylands.UpdateLoop.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

This has happened twice now.  The first time I died by being bitten by a shark and the world was corrupted since then.

The 2nd time, we were on a desert island, i clicked on a boat ladder, and it instead warped me to the very first island (hundreds of miles away)  and then after that the world has been corrupted this way.