Henning Kaiser

Editor Question - Can I find / move my character?

Hello,

yesterday my char died to a bug (fell under the world). Now i was able to create a new one, but this one respawned on a different island.

Question: Can I somehow find the new char in the editor, move it to my ship and original island and continue playing? 

And one weird thing, when I ope the game in the editor: A version of my  former (now dead) character seems to be standing at my original island, wearing the clothes that I had when dying. Not sure what this means. oO

Help would be very appreciated!

8 hours ago, Henning Kaiser said:

Can I somehow find the new char in the editor, move it to my ship and original island and continue playing?

yes you can, find your new character, click n drag it to location you want. But currently you need to do it 'brute-force' or you can say finding him/her by yourself. Teleporting editor to player character isn't available yet. Just make sure to save your editor, back to main menu, load your explore mode save game. In current editor you need to learn sense of direction properly so you don't lost in the ocean. :)
Good luck and have fun!

Edited by Velocifer
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot for your help! I managed to find my way back now....took me 4 hours of guesswork according to the position of the sun...in the small boat (I couldn't find iron on the island). Including snow and thunderstorms. 

Somehow this was a funny trip, though. :D

3 hours ago, Henning Kaiser said:

Thanks a lot for your help!

You're welcome, and congratulation you're now graduate from Sense Of Direction University :D

3 hours ago, Magnarhd said:

is it possible to teleport to another island via the editor?

you mean move your explore mode character to another island? that's what @Henning Kaiser doing, just find another island first. :)

Edited by Velocifer