SquishyPoon

Editor questions about game logic objects

Hi, i am working on a map in the editor and i made a puzzle with 12 switch and i want it to  run the action,  perform action with an entity once 4 of the switch are on.but right now all i can think of perform the action if any switch is on or the last  switch does it.  any tips regarding game logic objects is also welcome.thanks for the great game

Hi,

I think that you can use Label game logic for it.

1) Make Label "SwitchOn"

2) On swithing switch perform Change Entity Labels action and add to the switched switch Label "SwitchOn"

3) Add new Event listener. Change "Listen for" to "Labeled entities count changed", select "SwitchOn" label and event Count is equal 4.

Hope this helps.

here is what i did 

1)i created a label and added the 4 switch i want to use to open the door.5a32b937bb1bf_label1.thumb.jpg.0110448fa461eb9e322efc1fe87dc62e.jpg

2) i created an event listener here is what it looks like and i think this is where i did something wrong.5a32bb9e196f9_eventlistener1.thumb.jpg.65a4f14db5568279450911ac6bb635d4.jpg

3) i created a 2nd event listener this is what i did. (its not connected to event listener 1)5a32bcfcee805_Eventlistener2.thumb.jpg.666275574e34e8b6bacb4701d066e25f.jpg

here is a screenshot of the whole thingPuzzle.thumb.jpg.d953983ead1a0bd4ba068bd1c4413727.jpg

still dosent work

Thanks for taking time to look at this and any help you provide.

Edited by SquishyPoon

Hi, tested this setup:

foverview.PNG

flabel.PNG

fonswitchon.PNG

4 x for each lever.

fonswitchoff.PNG

4x for each lever

4switcheson.PNG

Hope this helps

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi,Thank you, those 5 screenshot helped me a lot not only it works but it also made me learn a lot about the game Logic label and Listener.

2 thumbs up for Houp for taking some time to help me.

• Upvote 1