Sign in to follow this  
BobbyMcJordan

Harbour

Is there any chance if I once discovered an (Ysland ^_^ ) that I can build a harbour or something like that on the Island so I just can rightclick on my map to go there with my ship? 

Ps.: I love your game. 

I built  my harbor   from reclaimed  soil after excavating  into a  hillside  for a level area for  my base.  I  chose a spot  that had  deep water with  shoals either side ..and   built  up the shoals  into reclaimed land   for  my base and to plant  survival crops   ie  rubber  and  food and  flax /banana/ corn plantations.

If the  area of  reclaimed land is  big  enough,  it  shows as a brown area on your  map and you can readily  identify where your base is. I have  refined this to the stage  when  needing to return home  .i plot a straight line using  the  the compass from my position to  my base...   point the ship there and let her go!   Have a cup of  coffee  while  you steam/sail home.

I have lights at the  entry points to my harbor, and  my  next planned stage is to have  wind power generation to   illuminate the  the dock and  set up  navigation/guidance  lights.

Eventually  i will have the  entire  foreshore planted  with attractive flora  and roads etc   fitted with  lighting.

Will discourage  rampaging  bears at night:D

20180106075000_1.jpg

20180106075519_1.jpg

• Upvote 1