Sign in to follow this  
Sprout

Red & White Bricks?

I seem to recall once being able to craft red bricks and white bricks, of the type used in the fortress with the canons & flintlocks. I don;t seem anymore tyo have a recipe for this in newer games, was I imaginging or were these items later removed? How about the chinese colored blcks, were those removed for the color update?

(Red bricks were different I think though from just coloring bricks red?)

They removed a lot of colored items (they should remove the colored sails and car parts as well IMO). Other examples are the awnings and oriental wood types for example. You now indeed make those blocks by coloring them :) 

Adrie

22 hours ago, WijkagentAdrie said:

They removed a lot of colored items (they should remove the colored sails and car parts as well IMO). Other examples are the awnings and oriental wood types for example. You now indeed make those blocks by coloring them :) 

Adrie

out of curiosity why do you think they should removed colored sails and car parts?

2 minutes ago, Dustin Michael said:

out of curiosity why do you think they should removed colored sails and car parts?

It doesn't make much sense to me to have 16 precolored sails, while we could make 100000+ color combinations on our own with the paint tool :) It just clutters the crafting menu as well, end-game the list of recipes is huge already!

Adrie

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, WijkagentAdrie said:

It doesn't make much sense to me to have 16 precolored sails, while we could make 100000+ color combinations on our own with the paint tool :) It just clutters the crafting menu as well, end-game the list of recipes is huge already!

Adrie

good answer. I haven't got the paint gun yet so that makes sense.  

Just now, Dustin Michael said:

good answer. I haven't got the paint gun yet so that makes sense.  

You're quite right there, that not having the paint gun yet is very limiting. I feel that there should be a low tier painting option like a paint brush which should be much less useful, maybe use much more paint as well.

For example, there used to be 4 different color armchairs, blue, red, green and purple, and they all had a ottoman in the same color. Now all there is is a blue ottoman and a purple armchair. The combination of those looks absolutely horrible:

20171216221501_1.thumb.jpg.64a32fa86958ebb75c18303302036a62.jpg