Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

Dingoland - Downunder

For the last  week i have  been  building   Dingoland,  utilizing all the  06  updates.

I have built a base with a dockyard, an exploration ship,  sailed around m,y  Yland and found close by 4 more  with resources  of  Saltpeter,  coal  copper and Iron, and  Rubber.

I Bought back some  rubber seeds an now have a   plantation one side of  my base.

One of the screenshots  is a evening   view,  with the  wind turbines and  lighting   in  full display.

Tomorrow,  time to go sailing again and look for  more Ylands ...according to  the  birds  there's  3  more  directions   to  travel  and  explore

Merry  Christmas   everyone  ....:P:D20171224164046_1.thumb.jpg.3910cbfcdfa506a03b28712e392a70cc.jpg20171224164122_1.thumb.jpg.8ef1696a4e034b4611397973567003be.jpg20171224164205_1.thumb.jpg.53edba23e36c7e71cf5e57e6b6af9c94.jpg20171224164250_2.thumb.jpg.d1f161df765a6d271b93972fcc5db688.jpg20171224164627_1.thumb.jpg.eedcb16c5b98849e9699a31870f1fe7f.jpg

• Upvote 1

Some   interior shots of  my    base at  Dingoland... showing the crafting  areas,  sleep area,, and a corridor of storage  cabinets. There.s  electricity  supplied  by 5 wind turbines on the roof,  and   the   2nd  story has  some storage  for  bulk  items   eg  unsmelted ore etc

There were  apparently  no caves on this Yland however i  discovered some  cave plants  on the surface.... and   after a  test  dig,  discovered rock etc  associated with a  cave  structure.  So  a   Gunpowder  keg was used to do some " instant mining"  and  lo and  behold  found a cave entrance  just below the surface.  Time to   do some  spelunking  with a revolver and torch:D

20171229102840_1.jpg

20171229102903_1.jpg

20171229102938_1.jpg

20171229103010_1.jpg

• Upvote 2

Coming to a car show room  near you! ... the " Dingomobile"

My first attempts at a car, and as ugly as it is , its  functional .  note the absence of a passenger seat... that is because  they way i  drive it...no passenger would  want to risk even their  avatar  being  seated on it ..or near it!

It  makes a  unique  sound    .....chug    chug   chug   then  "thump"    as it hits something  ..:D

I decided to power it by a steam engine  ..as there are plenty of  wood  pieces  around  now  after i collide with  small  shrubs and trees.

I am curious  to see  what happens if i  run at high speed into a land  shark^_^

20171230150436_2.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

There's gold in them there hills!

Using applied logic -  that is   "lets go this way for a change" ..i found a temperate  island  in my travels and secured a beach head.

Immediately  i discovered  " there's a bear in there" ... and after a battle I  dispatched it ...  just ... and its  mate....only to run into another 2 bears!

Respawn time..and  fortunately it occurred on the shore nearby same island and i could see the masts  of my ship  over the nearby  ridge.

3 bears and 6 wolves later, and  3 more  respawns.o.O, i managed to triumph -  and  found the grave of  "John Doe"    so i dug around it and found a gold coin and a lump of  gold ore.

Nearby  was  "something" ..of interest ..not going to   be a spoiler, but  it yielded  another gold ore lump and a gold chalice...   so  i concluded there must be  gold  somewhere in the  caves here, - however  my  miners  helmet was broken in the previous conflicts, therefore  dissuading  any searching of  the caves.

Those bears were guarding  something...   so many of them ..but  what?   i then  noticed a small triangular  yellow spot on the ridge near  where  John Doe met  his fate, and started to dig...

Yeeeehaw!  Gold  Gold  Gold! ... as you can see from the  screenshot. 

I dug carefully and after extracting a heap of it .. i nearly  broke through into a cave...  whew..  It was deep and  dark and i  swear i saw  eyes down there begging me to be greedy and  keep  digging...

So after some  careful  digging  i  gathered up my spoils and returned to my ship to unload. A survey of the area in better light  revealed i had  broken through into the roof of a  huge  deep cave ..if i fell in  it would be  respawn No.4  minus  my gold. As this  gold was inthe roof, it  would have been a  huge effort to get at it  from inside the cavern.  I seem to have mined 90% of it ..so not going to be greedy  and take the risk ...just yet:D

20180104165008_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Whats happening  at Dingoland?  Well with the introduction soon of  the 0.7  update  requiring new games for the generation of  NPC's etc,  development of the Dingoland base has  ceased. In stead  all the ores are being refined , and   tools  bulk crafted...cloth  spun and  woven ...seeds  collected.

Under construction is a storage  ship ..  ..non functional as a sailing vehicle but able to contain heaps of  stuff.

The plan is ...(if  possible) .... to  move all  essential crafted  items , some ores weapopns and other resources etc into  storage  areas on this  ship ... then try to  load it all  into  the  editor.  After the new game   ( " Orstrayliah " ) is  started with the 0.7  updates, a new me  in my  whitey  tights will try to move my ships  from the  editor  back into the new  "explore" game.

...hopefully  it will work :D

Edited by kimbuck
  • Upvote 1

Sharing with you who might be interested...the progress at Dingoland to date.This is not  to promote me, but to show new arrivals to the game  what can be done  using basic  expertise..

The first screenshot is of the rubber plantation  i brought  back seeds  so i don't  have to fight with  pumas  etc on tropical  islands  to collect rubber.

The  second  screenshot is  one of  my food /resource plantations . its all on reclaimed  land  and the  palm trees help in  navigation back to the harbor

Third  screenshot  shows the harbor and  moored ships ..  because its all reclaimed  land it shows on the map as a distinctive  brown "U" shape area,  so easy  to locate  my base.

The  fourth and  fifth screenshots  are of the under construction "Wotdeefark" ..a  storage ship that i am going to load  items in for transfer to "the afterlife""..ie  pharaohs tried with the pyramids...:D when 0.7  is released.  The  idea is to  load the completed ship and  contents into the editor, add some decorations... then   try to add it  to  a new  game  in 0.7 version.

Hopefully it  will survive the time warp and when i restart in the new 0.7 game i will have ready access to  building materials  and weapons  to survive better  while a new base is  constructed.

For the record..i am not an expert at  building etc...and  a lot of  my "creations"  look like  failed evolution attempts:$ But   you do not have to be an expert gamer to play  Ylands...    just let your  creativity  run rampant.

Dont be surprised to see a  wind turbine  powered  truck  running  around  one  day..:D

20180113095059_1.jpg

20180113095208_1.jpg

20180113095127_1.jpg

20180113101459_1.jpg

20180113101913_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

How to identify where your base is.....  I built it on the edge of the sea and dug  back into a  adjacent  hillside,  using the  soil to "reclaim" land.

The screenshot  of  my map  shows clearly  where  my  base/harbor  is ... (  right side of  Yland. )

Reclaimed land  shows up as a brown  area.

B|

20180113110545_1.jpg