badtouchatr

Spawning after dying

OK, started playing this game yesterday after watching let's plays of various other people for the past week.

In explore mode, whenever I get killed (wolf, bear, leopard, whatever), and I go back to the main menu and continue, the game keeps re-spawning me in the same exact place I got killed with the same result... "You were shamelessly killed by xxx" and I can do nothing but start a new exploration game.  What is up with this?  Am I missing something, or is there a setting to control this?   All of the videos I've seen of others playing, they are respawned at their original spawn point, and have to go find the place where there were killed.   Why is my situation different?   I'm on build 0.6.2.42636.  Please help!  Thank you.

On 12/26/2017 at 4:02 AM, badtouchatr said:

In explore mode, whenever I get killed (wolf, bear, leopard, whatever), and I go back to the main menu and continue, the game keeps re-spawning me in the same exact place I got killed with the same result...

What do you mean "the same exact place I got killed"? Did you mean the same island? There is new update about respawn mechanism not too long ago, so new update changed everytime you get killed, you'll respawn at same island where you died except when you died on polar island, you will respawn on first island.

Edited by Velocifer

When i get killed, I am on the same island AND in the very same spot where the leopard killed me.  The screen is grayed, just like when I initially got killed, all my stuff is there, the leopard is still there, and my only options are to start a new character, or go to main menu.  When I go to main menu and continue, after loading the game, it just keeps showing that I was killed, with the same options.

Ah I see, so you didn't start a new character. Then choose "start a new character" it will spawn you on the same island where you died. With that, your stuff will laying around somewhere at the same place as you died. Becareful not to get killed again ;) that's how it works, if you go to main menu after you died, your character won't respawn later when you continue again.

Badtouchatr ...  when you  respawn and  escape that leopard.,  note the  place.  later, come back with weapons  and place nearby a  container with  some  survival stuff   like a  flint lighter  spear food  clothing etc  ... so  if you get killed again,  you will have  a better chance  after re-starting ;)

• Haha 2