Sign in to follow this  
Aleš Ulm

Sneak Peek #31

Hi there, fellow ylanders!

This Sneak Peek comes a couple of days later than usual. Now if you think there are some interesting reasons behind that you are right. On the other hand though, if you expect there to be a suspenseful story full of passion, intrigue, and mystery; a story that would make you question everything you know... then you'll probably end up slightly disappointed.

The truth is the last week has been incredibly busy for us (most are, but this one was something special) and that, along with some technical issues, resulted in the delay of this post. Here's what's going on:

Lately, our team has grown again in size and will grow even further real soon. Making the transition from a rather small to the medium-sized team takes some time and effort. What does that mean for the game and you, the players? Well, for starters, there will be fewer bugs, and those that get past our QA's keen eye will get fixed way faster than before. 

That sounds rather vague though, right? Hm, how about this - in the update following the upcoming 0.4 (yes, it will be 0.5) you can expect not one - but two new super cool major features!

Also, we're working on something that every true ylander will definitely like. Something that has been taking up a lot of our time and resources lately. I thought I would be able to share that with you now, but unfortunately, it will be a couple more days before we're ready to announce it. :(

Ylands_pig.png

Nature's drama: An acorn boldly facing a hungry boar

At the same time, our website redesign is almost done and I think you're going to love it. :)

And that's it for now - but to keep our "one Sneak Peek or Dev Diary per week" rule, there will be another Sneak Peek coming up later this week, when things get less hectic. We will talk some more about our plans with character respawning and about some other things as well.

Until then you have a great time, ylanders, and stay classy!

• Upvote 4

That sounds really interesting....... :) can't wait till we get some more info ;)

And welcome to Ylands for the new team members! 

Thanks for the info!

Good to know that the team is expanding, something that is quite crucial for the move to Steam I think you would agree, where the active community posting feedback, suggestions or bugs will skyrocket, this would require larger numbers to cope I would imagine.

Even if you cannot yet tell us more, surprises are always nice anyway!

- "Nature's drama: An acorn boldly facing a hungry boar"

- Acorn's panic: *Grow faster, grow faster, dig, burrow!*

Edited by hermetics

2 hours ago, Aleš Ulm said:

Also, we're working on something that every true ylander will definitely like. ...

easy one... that can only be the parrot!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Aethelis said:

easy one... that can only be the parrot!

Yeah, but according to the loading screen texts, it better be swearing! ^^

Great to hear @ the team expansion, btw! And def looking forward to the next (2 :P) updates ^^