Sign in to follow this  
WijkagentAdrie

Some more dedicated server issues

Question

1) On my server, all clients seem to freeze when someone else is connecting or disconnecting. On connecting this takes a bit longer.

2) Also, sometimes the entire server freezes up, where you can only walk around but can't do anything else anymore. Rebooting the server usually fixes this.

Sometimes even the entire savefile becomes corrupt although this hasn't happened in the 3 hours we've been playing today. I believe we mentioned this in the other topic already though. Will let you know as soon as this happens and send the savefile.

Adrie

output_log_CLIENT.txt

output_log_SERVER.txt

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

4 hours ago, WijkagentAdrie said:

1) On my server, all clients seem to freeze when someone else is connecting or disconnecting. On connecting this takes a bit longer.

2) Also, sometimes the entire server freezes up, where you can only walk around but can't do anything else anymore. Rebooting the server usually fixes this.

Sometimes even the entire savefile becomes corrupt although this hasn't happened in the 3 hours we've been playing today. I believe we mentioned this in the other topic already though. Will let you know as soon as this happens and send the savefile.

Adrie

output_log_CLIENT.txt

output_log_SERVER.txt

1) already connected clients experience a lag type freeze up when another player is connecting / disconnecting - I can confirm this happens on my server as well, and it is quite noticeable, usually a few seconds of immobilisation.

2) entire server freeze up - I can confirm this as well on my server, rebooting seems to be the solution. However, I have to completely shut down and restart the server approximately less than every 12 hours, as I check it before I go to sleep, and when I wake up and check again it has hung (unable to connect, unable to shut down server via server monitor - indefinite "stopping").

3) save file corruption - I've only had this happen the one time so far, but it is likely to happen again at some point as it happened to us within 30 minutes or so of play. The current save file that I'm using has not repeated this issue yet though.

Another glitch / bug is that if you sail a large ship over top of a shark swimming in the water, the shark will end up stuck on the deck of your ship, an easy way to go shark fishing!

Edited by Ylanders UK Dedicated

Regarding the "less than every 12 hours" - the more people are online the more it happens, when I was playing it happened about every 45-60 minutes.