Shylar

How to join a friend's game?

Helle here!

Me and a friend just bought Ylands and we would like to play together. Unfortunatly when one of us create a game, we can't join because of the limited server list. "Search" option doesn't seems to work too...

Any idea?

PS: Sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language. :)

Heya, I think one of you needs to put the multiplayer on in the settings. If that's already the case, have you forwarded the port?

6 minutes ago, Shylar said:

You mean the option in this menu? https://tof.cx/image/F8CLV

I haven't seen any option to forward the ports inside the game...

Port forwarding is usually done in your router! Google your router type + port forwarding to find a how-to. I'm not sure what port Ylands uses, gotta have a search on the forums.

I just launch the dedicated server, how my friend is supposed to join me now? By the currently bug server list? Thanks for taking time to answer, very appreciated.

Hi, looks like our server list really went bananas. :) Sorry for your troubles and thanks for bringing this to our attention, we will make sure to fix this ASAP!

Thank you for answer! Can't wait to try Ylands with friends! :D Do you have any ETA for the fix?

2 hours ago, Shylar said:

Thank you for answer! Can't wait to try Ylands with friends! :D Do you have any ETA for the fix?

We will be releasing a hotfix that will fix this issue sometime this week, most likely :) Thanks for your patience!

Oh great! I'll be waiting! :D

Another question: I manage to start a server with Server Monitoring, but how can I launch the game then? I try to launch server > Remove target option (shown in this thread) > Use the launcher to play the game but it refuse to start. Any idea?

We currently do not support running both dedicated server and a playable instance of the game on the same computer, sorry!

Server Monitor is not the only way to host a multiplayer game, though. You can run the game (without Server Monitor) and either hit Multiplayer -> Host, or - preferably - just jump into a singleplayer game, hit Esc -> Options -> Game -> Local Multiplayer Server: Enabled: All.

• Upvote 1