Sign in to follow this  
ghetta82

ServerMonitor

Question

Hi,

I followed your guide to setup a dedicated server, but i have 2 problem.

1- When i set the parameter --servermonitor and launch,,,, When i press PLAY BUTTON game start and not the server monitor

2. If i try to manual launch Servermonitor.exe setup a new server and START ... stuck on "Starting" without do anything.

What did i do wrong?

PS. Sorry for my english, but it's not my native language

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

1 minute ago, ghetta82 said:

Hi,

I followed your guide to setup a dedicated server, but i have 2 problem.

1- When i set the parameter --servermonitor and launch,,,, When i press PLAY BUTTON game start and not the server monitor

2. If i try to manual launch Servermonitor.exe setup a new server and START ... stuck on "Starting" without do anything.

What did i do wrong?

PS. Sorry for my english, but it's not my native language

1) Did you set the parameter for a shortcut to the game or the launcher? It needs to direct to the launcher

2) This probably has to do with point 1. If you did do point 1 right, hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete, go to processes and check your islands process. It can take a few minutes to load depending on the power of your server! As long as the ram is still increasing it's usually still loading :) 

Hope this helps!

Adrie

On windows 10 shortcut, and game installed in E:\Ylands don't work.

I tried to launch on command line (DOS) E:\Ylands\Launcher\YlandsLauncher --servermonitor WORK, but if i launch the game after this only BLACK SCREEN only the mouse.

5 minutes ago, WijkagentAdrie said:

1) Did you set the parameter for a shortcut to the game or the launcher? It needs to direct to the launcher

2) This probably has to do with point 1. If you did do point 1 right, hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete, go to processes and check your islands process. It can take a few minutes to load depending on the power of your server! As long as the ram is still increasing it's usually still loading :) 

Hope this helps!

Adrie

I answered to u the post UP :D

Just now, ghetta82 said:

I answered to u the post UP :D

Can you add wijkagentadrie on Steam? I'll have a quick look with you :) 

Hi, we currently do not support running both dedicated server and a playable instance of the game on the same computer, sorry!

So if we have only a computer, how we can play together?

9 minutes ago, Berzeger said:

Hi, we currently do not support running both dedicated server and a playable instance of the game on the same computer, sorry!

So if we have only a computer, how we can play together?

Server Monitor is not the only way to host a multiplayer game! You can run the game (without Server Monitor) and either hit Multiplayer -> Host, or - preferably - just jump into a singleplayer game, hit Esc -> Options -> Game -> Local Multiplayer Server: Enabled: All.