Sign in to follow this  
Chiruno

Dedicated Server - Can't add new server in monitor & no process running

Question

So, I've followed directions and launched YlandsLauncher with the --servermonitor flag. When I click play, the server monitor pops up a moment later, but when I try to add a new server, the OK button does not work. I fill in the server name and ports, hit OK, and absolutely nothing happens.

I've checked, and there is no Ylands process running after clicking play in the launcher. 

I've looked around for a bit and have not seen any posts with anyone describing the same issue. 

I have the game installed on a Windows Server 2012 R2 instance. 

Looking at my output_log from ServerMonitor_Data, there's various D3D errors (why would these even exist when the client is running in a headless mode?) but nothing else stands out.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be glad to hear them.

Thanks.

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hi, when you try to add a new server, do you put in different values for local port and remote port? These two numbers have to be different. If you are, indeed, putting it in correctly, would you mind attaching your output logs from both game and server monitor, please? Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Ah, that was it. The same port was set, and I was able to add a new instance now. Appreciate it.

So, I've been trying to get my server to show up on the server list so that friends can join, and even if I name it starting with characters that should show up at the top of the current broken list, it doesn't seem to show up like it did when I was hosting locally. Are there any kind of launch flags or console commands or the like that would allow us to connect directly, utilitizing the address of the host in the interim?

Can someone help me with setting up a server ? so i can play with my friends.
Do i need a copy of the game to run a server ?

I cant figure out how to add the "--servermonitor" to the "G:\Ylands\Launcher\YlandsLauncher.exe" in "Target"
can someone please show me how ?

Where do i find my ip, so other friends can join, once my server is settup ?

• Downvote 1

Yes as far as I know, you need a copy of the game to run the dedicated server, and as far as I know, you need to log in to your account to load the dedicated server through the Ylands Launcher. You can also log in and play on this same account, so you only need one account to host and play on.

You can set up the target section like so -

1.jpg.a300af57a1ed0686387015873f6143ad.jpg

You can find your external IP via Google, by asking it "what is my ip".

I'm not sure if you need to port-forward for Ylands, to allow incoming connections that reach your Router, to be directed through to a PC within your home network, but it seems very likely, so I've done this for my server.

The basics of port-forwarding can be found readily available on the web, however, to summarise for you -

Connect to your Router, usually something like http://192.168.0.1/ in your web browser

Log in to the admin account for your Router, usually this information is written on your Router somewhere, and should likely be changed from the default once you log in to it.

Your Router will likely have some options for port-forwarding in one of the advanced menus, have a browse and locate it, or Google your Router's make and model for a guide, the make and model should likely be written on your Router near the default username and password.

You will need to direct all incoming connections with port-forwarding, on the port you have chosen for the server in the server monitor, and direct them to the internal IP of your computer that is hosting the server.

To find that PC's internal IP, you can likely locate this information on your Router, as this device assigns internal IP's to devices that connect to it, you can also make a reservation for this internal IP, and the MAC address of the server computer, that way, if the internal IP is ever refreshed somehow, your server computer will retain it's internal IP address, and thus not break your port-forwarding rules.

You can also open a Command Prompt on Windows by typing "cmd" in to the Windows Run box, and hitting enter.

Once the CMD is loaded, you can simply type in "ipconfig" and it will reveal various network information regarding that computer on the network, including the computers internal IP - something like 192.168.0.*

Good luck with your server!

Edited by Ylanders UK Dedicated