Eva Pilot 01

Terraforming or dirt sticking to blocks

Question

Here is the scenario. You build a house. Suddenly you figured "hey i should create a basement". You break some of the floor. and start digging your way down and dig out a space, line the walls, create everything and done. You head upstairs and suddenly it dawns on you the horror. Your house now has a gap between the ground and your house from your clearing. 
No amount of flattening fixes it. So you add dirt back on the outside and prettify everything and head down to populate your new basement. And again to your horror the dirt you placed down now bulges through the walls in your basement. 
The terraforming in this game is both awesome and at the same time daunting as hell.... digging out ore but wanting to close back the earth without a bubble is insane.

Can there be a grid system to make it easier/better? Also can dirt/earth that has structures  or blocks in the adjacent grid stick to the block and not protrude through?

• Upvote 1

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

I tried to solve this issue  by using  very thick  blocks to line the basement...     and after  patching up the  holes in the dirt, use a spade and  1st  [person...to  remove the  spots  sticking through ... line up the  bit of  dirt with the  tiny white  circle on center of screen and  dig..  ..also useful for removing  floating  bits of  dirt. As this is  still early  access, perhaps a lot of   suggestions  for  improvement  might make some changes  to the  future updates/ releases

Perhaps by having different "modes" for the shovel; use it not just for flattening the ground but for flattening walls or even ceilings as well?

That way, such bulges could be trimmed away with fewer side-effects.

• Upvote 3

I also add a request for a better way of digging and adjusting the plane of the floor, walls and ceilings in the excavated hole. Today I spent two hours over here and my underground is a horror :-D
As others have written, it would have meant:
1) A lattice that would dig a solid shape
2) Or that the bucket equals both walls and ceilings

For another: Creeping clay is another madness. It's always getting sick. Be it too or too little. And if I want to kick it off I will get to the same state as before. And although I always play games honestly, this landscaping catches me to the fact that I have to use the editor and that's wrong (there is not much different, but at least it's faster)

Thank you for your hearings and I will be glad to express your opinion on this issue.