OpEenMissie

Some suggestions

Question

Hello

I first of all want to say i like this game and im not hating on it at all 

this is just how i experienced it and wanted to share my ideas/thoughts

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. I spawn on a island make/find me a home and start harvesting things to expand/advance 

2. Make me some new weapons/tools and other things i need to keep me going

3. Start building a boat to go to other islands to get more resources

4. Start sailing to another island to harvest more resources after that

I Start sailing to another island to harvest more resources

And then after that i maybe return to my home island build a little bit and then 

Start sailing to another island to harvest more resources 

And keep repeating this over and over

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's why i think it would be nice to add

1. a much smaller starter island ( like u wake up on a small island stranded and start harvesting just for a boat to get u of the small island )

2. npc boats to attack/trade with or islands with small npc places to trade and do some quests/tasks with etc etc

3. different biomes with certain resources only found in a certain biome ( might already be the case idk just putting some ideas out )

and i guess more of those kind of things just to spread the play over a longer period to keep people from entering the repeat circle that i felt like being in after a while

• Upvote 1

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

Thanks for the suggestions! We'll take them into account :)

12 hours ago, OpEenMissie said:

3. different biomes with certain resources only found in a certain biome ( might already be the case idk just putting some ideas out )

Just to clarify, this is how it works now indeed.

Iron arrows/bolts with tip made from iron spike would be neat. Maybe a telescope too. Maybe some sort made of bamboo and glass.

is there any plans for thirst to go with this hunger?

Bucket to move water?

Plantable cotton. My island ran out before i could make a sail. Had to wait days ingame to find a few more. Would be nice to farm them in some way.

And finally watering plants or will they stay "wild growth" style?

Edited by Jason Kummerfield
Error

We talked about adding thirst and being able to move water as game features at some point, but those are not in our plans for now.

You can already plant cotton, that's what the cotton seeds are for :P

4 hours ago, Ane said:

We talked about adding thirst and being able to move water as game features at some point, but those are not in our plans for now.

You can already plant cotton, that's what the cotton seeds are for :P

Hmm strange i have yet to see cotton seeds. I had to sleep for almost 2 days, do a lap of my island then rinse and repeat till I had enough cotton to make a large sail. Is it a specific tool you use or am i just the most RNG hated player alive. Lol

Yay thanks for the reply. I just started following this game once i bought it so i may have missed posts about thirst and water.

Is there a better arrow then stone or am i just missing a material before a new recipe shows up?

Thanks. Keep up the good work. Already this game is great and your only a few updates in. I hold high hopes for the future of ylands and its crew.