kimbuck

How I intend to progress to the 0.7 update

With the  new  update on the   february  horizon  we need to start a new game to take  advantage of the NPC's

Unfortunately this  means  staring from the  beginning again.  I am not keen  on this, however  propose to do the following:

1) make a  written note of  everything you have   crafted  to date.

2) Once the update is released, start a new  game  and  immediately  go to editor and give yourself  the  creators   cube

3)  In the new  game,  rebuild  your  base, giving  yourself  only  the  tools  you had in the previous   game

4) install only the items  you have  previously  created.

5) When satisfied you are back to the same level as before,   dispose of the creators  cube and carry on  exploring.

Sounds like  cheating?  Not  really... well after   several hundred  hours of  getting so far in the  game, its only  keeps  my interest and  incentive,  after all  i still have to build a ship etc and  explore  new islands  and  gather  more resources.

As long as the  cube is  NOT used to  create  things  you have not  crafted...  and  you are returned to the same level as the last game.

B|

New update that is fun enough to change so much that you need a new save is needed might just be worth a new game. Do you have a idea of what the new npc's will add to the game ?

hahaha cheating? oh well well no ofcourse, hours and hours have been spent there.

btw I have better method. You don't need to rebuild your house,

• just save your old house in composition,
  • find a place that suit your house (dirt elevation, etc),
  • place your house composition there.
  • and walla it can be done in less than 10 minutes.
  • Thanks 1

@ Velocifer   .....Actually  i   am considering   doing  that with  my ship ...  put aboard it  weapons  and  tools and  some  resources  that would help me survive and rebuild... and  move it across.  I believe it can be done. If it doesn't  work,  then i will use  plan B ..the cube

I find  Ylands a great way to wind down and  experience    excitement and  relaxation and creative pleasure.....   and  I have  put hours  into a game.   The outside weather where i live  is currently not  being  kind to someone like me, especially when there's hot  dry  dust filled winds  outside and you suffer from Asthma!   So  sitting  inside in an air  conditioned room  with a game like  this  is  more mentally  stimulating than watching  TV  filled  with ads for  weight loss,   life insurance, and marvelous cheap useless household  gadgets  that work  miracles!:D. ....( its a miracle   if they work!:D )

Starting  from zero  in a new game can be  frustrating, and  after  300+  hours,  its  more  encouraging to  restart  with a little  bit  more  knowledge etc.

Another plan i Have is an expansion on your  house idea.... make a small  bamboo hut  full of  bamboo chests  with  things in them for the new  afterlife,  and   do as  you suggested.  

As  Ale  commented  in a previous  response ... there could be one  day a "visitor"   option for you to invite people   to your  Yland    just for a tour around ...      no combat, and the  visitor  doesn't  bring    or  take  anything.   Now  that would be really   cool  B|

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kimbuck said:

As  Ale  commented  in a previous  response ... there could be one  day a "visitor"   option for you to invite people   to your  Yland    just for a tour around ...      no combat, and the  visitor  doesn't  bring    or  take  anything.   Now  that would be really   cool 

whichever way is good, would be cool if you could invite me to your map.. ^_^

Edited by Velocifer

Firstly  i need to craft some   saddles  for the bears ...and sharks  :D