Sign in to follow this  
Achilles77

Propellar pack renders boats/ships useless?

So I was wondering what the current discussion is on propellar packs? It seems once you get this you wont need ships and boats to explore.. which i believe can dampen the experience as i think the boats/ships system is awesome.

Are there maybe plans for the ylandium to run out when flying or other measures to limit/consumption propellar packs?

1 hour ago, Achilles77 said:

So I was wondering what the current discussion is on propellar packs? It seems once you get this you wont need ships and boats to explore.. which i believe can dampen the experience as i think the boats/ships system is awesome.

Are there maybe plans for the ylandium to run out when flying or other measures to limit/consumption propellar packs?

Propeller Pack will allow you to fly, but not carry cargo!

It certainly is better than a raft or a tiny ship, but if you can build a large ship, you can carry a lot with you, such as crafting stations, a home, and all your acquired loot!

Just now, Ylanders UK Dedicated said:

Propeller Pack will allow you to fly, but not carry cargo!

It certainly is better than a raft or a tiny ship, but if you can build a large ship, you can carry a lot with you, such as crafting stations, a home, and all your acquired loot!

Thats true yes, I was just meaning the exploration side of things, its sort of the "easy way" out if you will method of flying over the ocean. 

4 minutes ago, Achilles77 said:

Thats true yes, I was just meaning the exploration side of things, its sort of the "easy way" out if you will method of flying over the ocean. 

I'm pretty sure it takes a lot of effort to make one, so perhaps not so easy! But yes, I tend to use it to be lazy, in the instance where I've died and need to re-find my ship, or if I'm trying to build something it can be quite convenient to hover. :)

It also makes cave exploration super-easy...

If someone just spawns it in though, they are already taking the easy way haha, players will do what suits them best though I guess.

Propellers on ships would be ace!

Edited by Ylanders UK Dedicated

2 hours ago, Achilles77 said:

You cant bring an entire ship full of supplies with you using a propeller pack ;P But I do also think that the packs need to feed of Ylandium or have some form of limiter

You can't live on your propellor pack either can you? You can't have any workshops on there, you can't carry other people, you can't carry cars on it etc. :) The list goes on and on!

• Upvote 1

Hello, Hello !

I agree with the difference between propeller and boat, but the world is at now small, and in my exploration game, as soon i had the propeller i didn't use my ship.

Maybe in the future when the world will be bigger ?

Have a nice journey on your Ylands, and see you ;)

4 hours ago, WijkagentAdrie said:

You can't live on your propellor pack either can you? You can't have any workshops on there, you can't carry other people, you can't carry cars on it etc. :) The list goes on and on!

Yes, it takes a some of  the social aspect out of the game, dont get me wrong, i love my propeller pack, especially while playing alone, but in multiplayer it should be limited somewhat, or else everyone just constantly using their packs, all i am saying is have a heavy fuel charge on them thats all :)

4 minutes ago, Achilles77 said:

Yes, it takes a some of  the social aspect out of the game, dont get me wrong, i love my propeller pack, especially while playing alone, but in multiplayer it should be limited somewhat, or else everyone just constantly using their packs, all i am saying is have a heavy fuel charge on them thats all :)

That seems like a logical solution. I guess this could go in hand with the automobiles and their fuel requirements.

Edited by Ylanders UK Dedicated

Having the propeller pack made battery/fuel limited is already in our list :)

• Upvote 1