Whane The Whip

Did the grass change?

I've been doing some tests on what items cause the most lag. I generated an island in the editor, cleared every item, then I would place 5000 items of a type. I decided to revisit grass today because it seemed to be one of the items that caused more lag than others. I was convinced it was because it had motion, it would move with the wind, and it would also move when you ran through it. However, after loading up my "5000 grass" world, it's no longer animated and there is a huge different in the amount of frames that has saved.

So, did the grass get changed?

[EDIT] In fact no plants are moving now. Are they all static now? I just double checked my settings, dynamic flora is still turned on.

Edited by Whane The Whip

The plants and trees are animated again. Not sure what happened there. Since the motion stopped on both my server and my test world, I assumed it had been disabled. In hindsight I'm now wondering if they don't move at all if there is no wind, I always thought there was at least a little wind though. But this would mean that there was no wind on two different game saves... at the same time. 

On 1/22/2018 at 10:20 PM, handofthesly said:

That is so weird! I’m going to have to check now because I thought the plants also moved all of the time

The odd part is that now I'm very aware of any items that are animated. I was running through a field of corn yesterday just to observe the movement.