Whane The Whip

Editing a forum post results in a mysterious uploaded image

Question

This happened again so I thought I would post it as a formal bug. I spelled out the steps I took when this last occurred and will repost here:

1. I posted the comment you see in the first post about the issue of 9/8
2. I decided to make a minor edit so I clicked the edit link
3. On the edit page, I noticed that there were two images appearing as uploaded to the post I was editing. I was confused and thought that maybe someone else was posting those images (for whatever reason) so I ignored it, made my edit, then saved.
4. Then I saw that the images that appeared as uploaded while editing, were now in my post.
5. I edited the post again to remove the images.

Those images are not on my PC  and have never been on my PC. Until that edit, I've never even seen those images.

----

And just now this happened again when editing this post except that I knew better and deleted it before saving the edit.That looks like a phone number, I.E. spam and I do recall that a while back the entire forum was filled with posts by some spammer that had what looked like an auto-poster and had been posting for hours advertising psychics and other scams. Is the site getting hacked by some hindu spammer now? Is this related in any way to why the site was down for 9 hours yesterday and people could not login to play Ylands?

kI8QiCr6QJaFeIS73Wv-VA.png

And previously:

pO-qpXR5RRuCie6gO110-Q.png

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

We checked but we haven't found anything that could explain this. Just to be sure, you could try running a malware/virus check.

I don't think the problem is on my end. I run with multiple levels of protection including two anti-virus both running as a process + firewall and have scheduled scans every other day, this is required of me because I'm an admin on a community site with over 3 million users growing at a pace of around 2500 daily. If you would like to be more convinced then I can post at length.