jchob

Mutant Leopard help?

Hi, i'm new here.

What do I get from killing mutant leopards? Those ones with light-glowing eyes, right?

Beucause I started a new map and those animals are everywhere outside the yland and I'm not strong enough to kill them for now. 

It is worth trying to survive (I keep trying to run away from them constantly) with those leopards? Will I get something valuable from them?

1 hour ago, KoToC said:

Hi, i'm new here.

What do I get from killing mutant leopards? Those ones with light-glowing eyes, right?

Beucause I started a new map and those animals are everywhere outside the yland and I'm not strong enough to kill them for now. 

It is worth trying to survive (I keep trying to run away from them constantly) with those leopards? Will I get something valuable from them?

Hi and welcome!

To my knowledge, the mutated animals will drop usual animal drops, including Mutated Bones, which can be dropped on the ground and smashed for Ylandium Dust.

I also think a high number of mutated animals in an area, likely means there is a lot of Ylandium in a cave on that Yland, and that it seems by the fact that they are on the surface? That said cave is very close to the surface, or a fully exposed crater that didn't form in to a cave etc.

They are harder to kill than usual animals, and I think are generally there to protect the Ylandium that spawns in caves.

One trick you might attempt is to run around in circles, while walking backwards, have the animal follow you around in circles and keep attacking it side on... if that makes sense! It works for me anyway. You could also craft a ranged weapon such as a bow or gun, and shoot them from a place where they cannot reach you.

Good luck!

Edited by John - Ylanders

Thanks for the info and the tips on killing them. 
I tried to kill them with the "circle" method but like 2 hits and I get killed (maybe not much practice). Didn't thought about that bow, it's a good idea, beause I can hit them and I don't get hurt. 

Anyway, I was tired to die, and not being "able to pick anything - the map yland was fulled of panthers/leopards and mutated ones. So I started again a new map. Should have stayed with this as you refered about a lot of yandum dust as it seems it's rare to find. 

I will keep my adventure and learning and learning more.

Thats an interesting island you got there.... Never seen such a thing, pretty cool but difficult. 

You can also create "armored" protection for your player, iron and cloth will get you iron armor (in the blacksmith forge) wich protects a bit more than nothing. 

• Upvote 1