Sign in to follow this  
Bladefury

Ships slow?

Hey guys is it just me or are ships really slow? feels like I go much faster on my small boat.. or is there anything you need to add to make the ship go faster?

41 minutes ago, Bladefury said:

Hey guys is it just me or are ships really slow? feels like I go much faster on my small boat.. or is there anything you need to add to make the ship go faster?

Hi there,

As far as I'm aware, a small ship goes faster than a big ship, until you put more sails on the big ship, then it goes faster!

Also, I believe that the more sails you add to your ship, the faster it allegedly goes, though I am not certain of if there is a max speed that can be obtained but not surpassed etc.

Furthermore, in the upcoming Rainy Roads updates, there is talk of Steam and Ylandium engines that can not only be attached to cars, but also to ships as an alternative propulsion system! Fun times ahead for sure. :)

They just need to add some big water paddle wheels and I could make a steamer ship!

mississippi.2.thumb.jpg.266f86a47ca7bfdde3c3847bb8848765.jpg

14003_2.jpg.b1f5f6e7e34e3cc9f68ad22695ca4ad0.jpg

Edited by John - Ylanders
  • Upvote 1

Hello,

Just found your topic.

1- You need to hit twice W key to fully open your sails (like the horse to go faster)

2- I put 2 big masts and one small , then it goes relativly faster

Each large mast gives 100% speed, each small mast gives 60% speed. The maximum amount on a large ship is 550%, the maximum amount on a small ship is 450% :) So on a large ship, 5 large masts + 1 small masts (560% total) is the max, on the small ship 4 large masts + 1 small mast (460%) is the maximum! The direction of placement doesn't matter.  -- Copy and pasted it from an older thread.

Edited by Dustin Michael
  • Like 1

Just to add to this: Putting an engine on my boat was one of the most satisfying things i've ever done in a crafting game. The sound effects alone make it feel like you've just built a wondrous new invention! And you can switch from engine to sails if and when you run out of fuel :D 

• Upvote 1