Jadz

Help: "Missing Required Material" when trying to craft Protective Barrier

Question

Help folks! So my GF and I have a dedicated server, I have a protective barrier up and she finally wants to set hers up. When she goes to craft the "fixed" version of the broken barrier (with the barrier, hammer, and iron ingots) it will not and says "Missing Required Material". She has died a few times and is not on her original character. However I died around 7-8 times before I fixed mine. Has anyone had this issue?

We've tried repairing and replacing her hammer, dropping the broken barrier and picking back up, logging her and I out, restarting the server. We've since noticed that her map and key chain are gone as well.  so I would imagine they are tied to her old glitched character. I did fail to mention she fell through the world during the passenger seat car glitch and she had to respawn, this is when all the issues started (however we're not sure if they barrier issue is linked to that because she didn't try to repair it until after the world-fall-through-death. Anyway thanks for your anticipated suggestions.

P.S. I did do a search for this issue but I haven't seen a real explanation as to how to fix this. Someone mentioned dropping her a new one into the world with the editor, but I have no idea how to do that. I would prefer to fix this without extraneous methods, if possible.

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

Have her try /killme and come back to see if it re-associates her to the protective barrier that should be in her inventory.

Hmm baz  ..maybe that's   explaining my recent  issue...... remember when i also fell to my demise from the bow of my ship?...  but managed to return to my base, however you said there was another me etc   you had to rremove?

Possibly - I've seen this type of situation happen multiple times now, sometimes it's because of the Propeller Pack, sometimes it's just some random disassociation with your Barrier after some strange death.  In either case, dying and resurrecting usually clears things up, but that's not guaranteed, nor always possible.

Thanks so much guys, I will have her try putting the propeller back away and the /killme command.

No dice on the propeller pack put down to get the barrier to work. Oh well. Should I report this or is it a known issue?

Load the game in to the editor, delete her character, and then have her come back in.  If that still doesn't work, create a new game, have her log in to that, fix a barrier generator and drop it on the ground (don't activate it), then load the game into the editor, select the fixed barrier generator and save it as a composition, then load the first game in to the editor and place the composition into the world, then have her log in and activate it.