SyxtySyx

Coordinates?

In the Editor under the 'Go To' tab, where it shows you the different biomes in the particular seed that you are viewing or editing, there are coordinate numbers for the island biome. 

What I am curious about (and I may be showing my layman tendencies here) is whether or not these follow "Cartesian grid" numbers?

Also as a suggestion, wouldn't it be nice if there were rolling coordinate numbers in the corner of the screen while in Edit mode? It would surely help in navigation.  

Ylands Biome Coordinates.jpg

Cartesian grid.jpg

Fairly certain it’s Cartesian, I used the coordinates in editor to plot out a graph of where each of the Ylands were and it seemed to be pretty accurate when in game, although all we have to work with for plotting courses is the compass when sailing which only really has North, East, South and West

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, handofthesly said:

I used the coordinates in editor to plot out a graph of where each of the Ylands were and it seemed to be pretty accurate

Did you make your grid map and place markers on paper or in a photo editing program?

How high do the numbers reach , and are they 1/3 meter blocks per grid # ?

Unfortunately I wasn’t that comprehensive. I used an online scatter plot maker and then used it to find the Ylands in game. The in game map doesn’t zoom out far enough to get a whole view but I was able to overlay a screenshot of several sections with the graph and it seemed to match up pretty close

10 minutes ago, handofthesly said:

"I wasn’t that Comprehensive"

Still sounds pretty comprehensive  :P

Myself and Adrie did find that each block (the smallest block we have available) is roughly 2.73 ‘units’ though. This was found through testing the Protective Barrier area. The devs told us it was a 30x30 cube but it turns out to be 82x82 of those smallest blocks. So maybe if the editor says an Yland is at 1000, 1000 then maybe it’s actually 2730, 2730 blocks away?

• Thanks 1