Sign in to follow this  
ComR

Well, that's for sure - Ylands uses only your physical memory - 8GBit is muuuuch too less to play.

Hi,

Last time I was watching closely how Ylands works and I was watching my memory above all. It seems clear to me now, that 8GB of memory will not allow you to play at this stage. Game Starts using 4.5GB and then, with every explored island or new build, Ylands is using more and more memory - when it's using (~6.6GB - including memory used by Windos 7 - it's exactly 99% physical memory usage after crash) Display Driver crashes and Windows want to terminate Ylands. It happens everytime, I can repeat it again and again. Settings really doesn't matter.

Devs, please, once again, let us choose AA settings. I understand memory problems, I understand I have only 8GB RAM and 1VRAM, so I cannot play Ylands for longer than few days, but at least, let me set graphics settings. And, please, stop saying "use Crimson or CCC" AA settings - there is no such settings for years no. If you take a look at any Readeon forums, you will see this "contact your developers if you cannot change your graphic settings".

Also, people with much better systems have the same problems - people with 16GB will se the same problem with FPS and memory leaking,  but few days later.

As far as I know, Ylands is not using Windows Virtual Memory or Swap File. If it's above your  physycal memory - it will not be loaded to your swap file, it will crash.

I'm not talking about game features and content anymore, because server crashes and memory leaks are now the biggest problem. 

People, we simple cannot help you more - if our systems are constantly crashing - this is the main problem for now!Aall The Best! I hope my problems will help...
Bartosz