Pharaun Mizzrym

In Editor How Do Put Objects In Chest For People To Find?

If I want to bury treasure as in fill a chest with objects but I want to do this from the Editor not have to start playing and place them myself with a player character.  How do I get objects inside chest and drawers from editor that I want people, when they play my island, to find already there in the chest or drawers.  Placing things in chests in the editor. 

If I cannot any ideas on how from the editor I might try hiding objects through out my islands that are obviously not veggi or mineral.  Like have the player stumble on a find.  But I don't want it left in a house or on the ground.  More like a hide n seek treasure chest.

Usually double-clicking the chest will bring up the menu, from there click the edit button next to the container line. Search which item you want to put in the chest on the panel on the right of the screen and then click again on one of the slots. Ctrl-click to choose the quantity and create a stack of that particular item. You can also choose to have the chest locked by ticking the box next to Is Locked and then entering a code next to Cylinder ID. Place a key into the world and type the same code into it's Cylinder ID section, now that key is matched to that chest.

editor item properties.png

editor item inventory.png

editor lock chest.png

editor key.png

Edited by handofthesly
  • Upvote 1