Sign in to follow this  
Various

Reload caused me to fall off my boat

Question

I love this game, but something kind of bad happened.

I spent hours building a large ship and took it out on its maiden voyage. While I was in open water, and standing at the very front of it (king-of-the-world style; hey it's hard to see from behind the sails) I had to save and exit because my phone rang. When I reloaded, my guy was spawned above open water with the ship far ahead. I ended up dying from sharks, and now my ship seems unrecoverable.

So the bug is obviously that I spawned not on my ship, but if I may make a suggestion: Please have a way to pause the game while you're in it, even if it's just when you bring up the system settings or whatever. Having to exit to main menu and then reload every time I have a small interruption not only led to experiencing this bug, but it's also VERY tedious; it takes about 3 minutes to load the game again on my rig.

Anyway, I complain out of love. Keep up the good work guys. This is the best new game I've played in probably half a year.

Edited by Various

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

Thanks for the pausing suggestion, it's on our suggestions list :)

In the meantime, you can open your Explore game in the Editor and place yourself back in your ship (or move the ship wherever you want to). Then save the game and open it as an Explore map again. Hopefully you can recover your ship that way :)

• Thanks 1

Thanks, I was able to get my ship back. That's the most important thing.

I spawned on a different island though. It's my first death, so I don't know if that's normal, but the guy I was watching on YouTube (which made me get this game) always spawned in the same place. Oh well, no biggie.

If you die in the middle of the ocean you respawn on the nearest yland :)

4 hours ago, Ane said:

If you die in the middle of the ocean you respawn on the nearest yland :)

Unless said death causes you to fall (or is a result of falling) below the world, in which case you go back to Spawn Yland.