Sign in to follow this  
RedEagle_P1.

Roll back of Editor Progress

Question

I just finished a sizable editor map. A long road connects two islands and winds down a beach. 

I decided to close my game and reopen it to continue to work on the map and all progress rolled back to before the road was made. 

I lost all my work for the 5th time in editor :(

This bug can only be seen with maps that exceed 12 MB, especially when you are low on ram and close and reopen the editor to flush ram and continue. 

16b98c93afbc6e5ee6d382178ba268c7.png

d70218444fef5700ce9649baf7c23159.jpg

f4fb771f40aaac83723eef5f7d80d6e6.jpg

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

On 13/3/2018 at 2:00 AM, RedEagle_MGN said:

I just finished a sizable editor map. A long road connects two islands and winds down a beach. 

I decided to close my game and reopen it to continue to work on the map and all progress rolled back to before the road was made. 

I lost all my work for the 5th time in editor :(

This bug can only be seen with maps that exceed 12 MB, especially when you are low on ram and close and reopen the editor to flush ram and continue. 

Ami that happened to me when I use automatic saving when closing the editor.
I always save it first from the editor tab and then save it again automatically.
I pass many times. now it does not happen to me anymore ^_^

PS: that map looks very good:)

Just confirming - when you save the game file, you're waiting to see the "SAVING..." and the "SAVE COMPLETED" or whatever those messages are, right?  I think it's possible to kick off a save, then leave the editor before it's complete, and you lose that work.