Sign in to follow this  
Indomitus

Invincible in MP

Question

Take your time fixing this bug.  ;)

I logged on to MP for my first time today.  After getting myself set up in a sweet underground bunker, I did a little anti-griefing (leaving presents for players who are AFK) but that's a different story.

I had to log out to get my dinner.  When I came back, the FPS immediately dropped very low then the whole game crashed.  I started it again and logged back into the server... And I'm invincible.  The hearts are orange instead of red.  I have since faced a bunch of pumas and wolves, and never lost any health at all.  I even got the joy of knocking out a bear with my bare hands.  That was fun.

I closed the game and restarted, and I was still invincible.  I expect it could change any time I log in...  but I hope not.  :D

Update this morning:  Now he doesn't get hungry.  This just keeps getting better.

Edited by Indomitus
update

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

Had this happen to a few people on my server since 0.6 - can't figure out how to reproduce it, but if you ever do manage to die (falling under the world or some other crazy unexplained death), you can expect to be a ghost that doesn't reincarnate, but then you might be able to try /killme /unstuck or some combination thereof to finally get yourself sorted, and you'll respawn with nothing in your inventory, and possibly a clone of yourself at the world respawn point that is holding all your stuff.  Good news is you should be able to kill him and get most of your stuff back, bad news is you lost your map, key chain, and barrier generator (if you didn't place it yet), and if you did place the generator already, you no longer own it.

I hope it doesn't come to that.  If I lose my keys, I might as well start over on a different server.  I have everything locked: cabinets, iron doors, stone chests, and even a cage around the helm of my ship.  If I lose the keys, it's all gone.

I'm not too worried about losing my barrier.  I placed it on the first island, and I'm already at a third one.  I'll have that server mapped by this weekend.

But if I lose my keys...  :(

Ah well... It will be fun until then.  I understand the official servers get wiped sometimes anyway, so it's only a matter of time.

Sounds like it's the same scenario as this one?