Cochonnes

Character gone

Question

so i just linked my account and now im playing as a new character (i can see my old one) how can i undo this?

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

Unfortunately when you link your steam account the game registers you as a new player so you are given a new character/avatar. You can kill your old avatar to take your items back. Afterwards you can load the save in editor and delete the dead body so it's not in the way.

As they pointed out on the steam forum, their old character is wearing a creator cube - that’s a stinker :P

Though I suppose, as they’re not averse to creative, when they go into the editor to delete the old character, they could just drop another cube and use it to replace all the lost items.

Edited by TheSparkPlug

Hi all. i have similar issue, after linking account i have lost old one. after killing it i've get some items but im still missing map and keyring (with submarine key :( ). i've tried editor, but these two items cant be dropped out of inventory. is there some way how to get it? in worst case some kind of editting of savefile or so...

1 hour ago, triptaminer_02 said:

Hi all. i have similar issue, after linking account i have lost old one. after killing it i've get some items but im still missing map and keyring (with submarine key :( ). i've tried editor, but these two items cant be dropped out of inventory. is there some way how to get it? in worst case some kind of editting of savefile or so...

Nope, the map, key chain, and barrier generator stay on the character.

All is not lost though - since you can access the save file from the editor, simply look at the properties of the keys on the key chain and make note of the cylinder ID.  Now create a new set of keys and edit them to match the same cylinder ID's.  Place those keys somewhere near your new character and delete your old character.  The new keys will unlock the same locks that the original ones did.

As for the barrier, you'll need to start a new game, have your new character drop their broken generator, then open that in the editor and select the generator to be saved as a new composition.

Open your original save file and drop the new broken barrier generator for your new character to pick up.

As for the map, not much you can do with that I'm afraid.

• Thanks 1