Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

Monkey see ... monkey do ...

The Sydney zookeepers  always place a banana on a desk in the rooms adjacent to the  monkey cages .. that way they know if a monkey had escaped overnight...but returned to its cage.

So what does a griefer do when they see a boat unattended?... they  jump on it and   raise the unlocked anchor ...and  then find they cannot  move the boat... so abandon it... but you can tell afterwards  by the raised anchor  "a monkey has escaped overnight":D

I have had  four  obvious griefing  crews  try to steal my  boat ...so far, so good.  They work in pairs ... use excuses of wanting to see inside  my base...   or could they  get some grass,  clay or  iron..as  there is none  about  ( There is heaps in the  nearby wolf infested hills  )_

You don't  go outside, because  the other one  hiding  will attack and kill you

Why have they  not  succeeded to  steal my ship so far?  Well it seems my idea works  ...  so far so good.B|

If you look at the screenshots you can see doors attached the  side of my ship  locked in a horizontal position.  Also the  entry to the  dock has a locked door either side of the ship. They are in the range of  the PB, and they prevent the  ship moving out because the side doors  on the ship sides cannot pass through the gap  of the front doors. And  to add insult to injury, around the dock entry  underwater are horizontal barb  wire  fences, so swimming in  to avoid the side walls   results in a  painful  trap under water  ( you can  hear the   "ouch   ouch  ouch  ,,,,"  as they try..):D

If you are being  bothered by ship thieves,    try this method .. with the promise of bigger protection  barrier  range,  you should be able to protect you flotilla.

Another idea is to form a cooperative community and  have someone place their  PB at water level  on the edge of the  mooring pier  to protect ships...and   allow them access to share  your  facilities in return.

Coperation and  creativity works ...griefing gets  you a ban

:D

20180420082005_1.jpg

20180420082052_1.jpg

Edited by kimbuck

I do not  expect it to be 100% foolproof, as you always  meet a better fool..

But its fun to watch  them  walking around  scratching their   heads and armpits.... and if they do succeed, then it   gives me another challenge to come up with something better :D