RedEagle_P1.

Please help! The NPC's on my map are going wild!!

Question

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

Looking at the gif, i would say that those flares or lights are causing them to do that..

unless you put them there to emphasize the issue at hand, which seems to be a intermittent teleporting issue.

Given the time in Europe right now you wont get an official response for quite some time.

I remember that on stephens server they didn't move, maybe ask him how he did it.

Other than that ill put it down to being an alpha bug

p.s is there really a need for big text?

Edited by Energritz_

51 minutes ago, Energritz_ said:

Looking at the gif, i would say that those flares or lights are causing them to do that..

unless you put them there to emphasize the issue at hand, which seems to be a intermittent teleporting issue.

Given the time in Europe right now you wont get an official response for quite some time.

I remember that on stephens server they didn't move, maybe ask him how he did it.

Other than that ill put it down to being an alpha bug

p.s is there really a need for big text?

I never added lights of any kind there. 

I use big text next to big photos so the photo does not overpower the text. 

If I remember correctly that light is caused by waypoint, basically current waypoint will work to npc just like teleporter. They (NPCs) won't walk to it. Again if I remember correctly, if you want to make NPC standstill, double click on the character. Sorry it's been a while, I forgot the details.. xD

1 hour ago, V-Alfred said:

If I remember correctly that light is caused by waypoint, basically current waypoint will work to npc just like teleporter. They (NPCs) won't walk to it. Again if I remember correctly, if you want to make NPC standstill, double click on the character. Sorry it's been a while, I forgot the details.. xD

ahh, i don't really touch the editor at all really.. so that's new to me, thought they were "lights" or "flares" xD .

So waypoint issue, for now maybe make them static (standing), at least until a fix is put out witch is likely 0.9

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Energritz_ said:

ahh, i don't really touch the editor at all really.. so that's new to me, thought they were "lights" or "flares" xD .

So waypoint issue, for now maybe make them static (standing), at least until a fix is put out witch is likely 0.9

hahaha that light is actually teleportation effect, it has sound effect too. If that gif has sound.. that thing is so loud when infinite loop happen. Just don't choose "loiter" if you want to make it standstill. And I suggest maybe only use 1 waypoint for each NPC. If I remember correctly, the "teleport" loop happen when you directly have 2 or more waypoints for an NPC.

Sorry, my explanation is a bit confusing, because I only remember the important part when I did experiment with NPCs. :D And I can't play Ylands atm. ^_^