Sign in to follow this  
argh

Griefers and state of the game after 8 month into early access

So after playing Ylands back when early access started, griefers took away the fun and kept me from playing Ylands.  Now with 8 month in early access....

Did the situation improve, or must I still expect to be raided within a protective barrier or beeing burried below masses of earth when  logging in the next day?

Also ressources - if I remember, some ressources were finite - like metal, which you had to mine. Did this change?

A short update on those issues would be much apprechiated!

Iron is still finite, but both iron and coal is much more prevalent now. It shouldn't be as much of an issue. Have a few looks at the last dev blogs etc., I believe that next patch will feature loads more optimizations and polishing for most game features. It's up to you if you feel the current improvements are enough to give it a shot now or to wait one more patch :) 

Adrie

On the public   open servers  you still get the "bang-bang your dead"  immature types' running around  killing anybody offline  ( their  idea of  bravery hahaha!)  and there's  still the ones  who like to destroy rather than create, but that is  always  going to  be there,  However there are now  more PVE   servers  and  also  private  PVE servers where  character  damage is turned off, and  there are   moderators and  such  established to  rid the game of these  asshats who want to ruin everything  for  everyone  .....

HOWEVER ......  the good  guys  seem to be winning, and with the new naming  rules,  troublemakers are identified and  excluded from most private server based   PVE  games. As for  resources,  some can be limited still but on the game i am on at the moment the resources are  there and plentiful  if you are prepared to explore, and i know that  on the P1 servers the admins will patrol the spawn area and  replenish  depleted  stuff to make it  fair  for new arrivals.

In other words,  the games now  way better for MP  players on certain  servers,  and with more  enhancements outlined,  its  worth coming back and   having a go.

Just  choose  your  server carefully,   young  grasshopper:D