Sign in to follow this  
Just Paul

Digging out my ship and water levels?

I couldn't find anything on this or maybe I was searching the wrong things.

My ship got stuck in my harbor and while digging it out the water levels dropped and made it more stuck than it was to begin with... How to raise the water level back to before digging out my ship?

I apologize if this has been disgusted and some how I missed the topic but I thank you  in advance for helping.

Water is a mess at this time.  You can't ever quite fix it, even with the terrain gun or in editor.  Are you playing SP or MP?

playing multiplayer with my wife.  we found a way to raise the water back up but it is very time consuming.   You have to be at waters edge with the shovel that levels the ground.   you have to be two levels higher than the water and use that item on the waters edge and it slowly brings the water back to level, it seems one square at a time...   a bucket needs to be added in which we can grab water from somewhere and fill in other spots or the water mechanic needs to be tweaked a little so that it flows into spots dug instead of air pockets being formed when dug out from deeper water.

They say water will be portable at some point. 

When I have gotten stuck, I have had some success doing a few things. You can rock the ship loose by popping a padlock on it with the anchor raised. It causes the ship to rock. Sometimes getting it unstuck.

If you pile dirt or sand under it strategically you can push it. I have used this as a last ditch effort. Either free it or bury it real good!

What I have not tried, because I didn't know about it at the time is /unstuck 3. I have no idea if that works on ships. It works on cars.

Finally, and I have no idea if it would help free the ship or make things worse. Make a flower pot and plant a tree. It takes a couple of ingame days,  but it will tip your ship. Get rid of the tree and the ship pops upright again. It might just throw it back to water level. Good luck.