Sign in to follow this  
Chromedome2

Grill and Pergola

7 hours ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

rested colors

Gee Red, I'm not familiar with the term: what do you mean " Rested" colors? It's not like I have any schooling for this sort of thing you know. It's only weeks ago that I was completely intimidated by the editor and I had almost no artistic abilities or inclinations at all. It was Stout and Chief who talked me into giving the editor a go! And now, look at me... I'm a monster! lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

It's really coming great and I like how you blueprint it all. 

How am I to learn anything Red? What did you mean when you used the phrase " Rested Colors"? I tried to google it and it came up with colors which induce sleep and to me, that would be the antithesis of anything " Rested".

20 minutes ago, Chromedome2 said:

How am I to learn anything Red? What did you mean when you used the phrase " Rested Colors"? I tried to google it and it came up with colors which induce sleep and to me, that would be the antithesis of anything " Rested".

Think low-saturation colors. Relaxing, calm. 

Yeah, I went for the rustic appeal of an outdoor grilling experience. The first version that I'd put up in the workshop yesterday morning wasn't as good as it should've been so I made another ...A newer and better version! The ability to update versions in the workshop, however, appears to be broken or disabled so I just took down the old one and replaced it with the new. In the first prototype of the grill, there were no fewer than a server-breaking 90,000 Awning Cubes in it. It took me the better part of 2 days time to reduce that number to what you now see in the Blueprint. Also, the first version was built off-grid and when you build the BP of it, it develops all these unsightly cracks in its overall appearance. This was completely unacceptable to me! I had to fix it asap!! And lastly, the paint scheme I was using when I originally built it was great when I was building it, but not so great in the end. It needed something more... Something to really make it " Pop!" ...Oh, and I defined the Pergola a bit better too. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

Think low-saturation colors. Relaxing, calm. 

Ah, I think I understand you now... Still a little counter-intuitive in some of the language we commonly use nowadays. But I get it... 

On 11/3/2018 at 10:34 AM, bb cakes_P1 said:

I really like this.  Be careful, the meat will turn to ash :)

LOL Yeah, you ought to know you were there! I think Bob Ross once said something about mistakes..." that there are no mistakes, only happy accidents!" The happiest accident here would be in just how much black pigment you could then make with all that ash. Strangely enough, it was the fish that burnt... the meat was still raw when the fires went out.

Edited by Chromedome2