Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

Do not be hasty with your judgement

I was having  issues with my inventory for  over an hour and  getting frustrated.  I could  not   select item 7  from my hot bar, and  was about to give up for the day .  I took screenshots,  logs and    whatever  in preparation for a  posting to the  bugs  topic in the forum, and when posting my complaint to other players to see if they had similar issues, i  noted that whenever i typed 6,   67  appeared  and    same  when i typed 7. Then "he who uses  screwdrivers and soldering irons" looked over my shoulder and said " its your keyboard" !!!'

Sure  enough a close inspection revealed something  sticky had  fallen between the  6  and  7  keys, and   collected dust bunnies  had adhered to it and  built  up, effectively  joining the   two keys together.

After cleaning  with a  nail file and tweezers  to remove the  sticky substance....  the keys  behaved themselves and problem  solved!  :D

So i saved the  devs  from  looking through lines of   code  etc   trying to see what was happening :P

As  my father  once said  to my mother, " the reason why your  vacuum cleaner was not working  was because you  had not  put the power cord into the  wall socket! "

maybe it  runs  in my  family? :S

• Haha 2