Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

Journey to the end of the world?

I paid a visit to the  spawn island on P1 map28  and   as usual it was littered with  offline  "one day visitors" ..and  with the lag, i could guess why they didn't  stay around.  After some  "usual" MP  rubber banding, and unexplained freezes  where the  ship  suddenly  freezes at high speed, and  then unfreezes and its  only two lengths  from the shore.... ( requiring  some frantic  digging to  re-float it,)  i decided to head away to  less laggy  areas...and spotted  in the distance a  dinghy   approaching. It  sailed  by,  with someone  standing on it, unresponsive .. .......a  /who  command revealed  the  dinghy  occupant was "offline" .... so out of   curiosity i  sailed after it.....   

After about  3  minutes  i got  the   wide blue  sea  warning...  and  stopped ... the  dinghy  kept going....     so i pursued it and caught up with it   and it was still sailing away at high speed..  So before  i might sail off the  end of the world,  i turned  180  degrees  and   navigated back to base.

I wonder... what happened to that offline avatar, and his   boat ...has it  sailed off into another dimension... or   perhaps ended up in  another  game...like  minecraft,  fortnite...or (shudder)  roblox?

Usually  a  boat stops  when out of  sight, but    this could be a warning .....,don't go offline, or  sleep on a moving  boat ...

:o

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1