Sign in to follow this  
ComR

Some suggestions to make simple life simplier

Question

Dear Devs,

1) Please, let us destroy dirt and earth with hammers and weapons again. Many times, after digging, there are left-overs flying in the air and nothing can remove it. Earlier I was using war axe or better - spear (and FPP view) - to precisely hit floating item and destroy it. Not it's impossible... Additionally - we have no "blend" or "round" tool to terraform small parts of our work (if you don't want to use terraformer I mean). We have only shovel and spade. To make round slopes I used sabre or axe - now it's impossible. Please - make it possible again and make new tool - broom, so we could round or make slight slopes by removing small amounts of dirt. So:

2) Please - make new tool - broom, so we could round dirt or make slight slopes by removing small amounts of dirt.

3) Vicinity problem - it's was great idea and usually works well, but it doesn't work properly in these two situations at least: If something is even slightly below something, for example stick below leaf of fern - vicinity "cannot see" the stick. I tried it many times and experimented with it. Also if something fell below furniture for example - I can stand on it, I fan touch it with my feet, but I cannot pick it up, also "vicinity cannot see the item". This is very annoying. Please, make vicinity range a bit bigger and try to find out why items below other items cannot be seen, thought I can see it.

4) We should be able to hold gold coins and diamonds in our gold pouches...

5) Please, make barrels bigger... I mean - more slots in them - 12. Barrels and much bigger and costs much more...

6) It would be great to have smaller chests to fit small places and have a bit more variations of furniture. Maybe wicket baskets, but in box shape?

7) Please, make it possible to make planks with any axes too. Saw should be needed only for more complicated items.

8 ) Please, make it possible to make nails if you have hammer, anvil and iron bar. Nails always were simplest things made by humans - even without furnaces.

9) Please, make it possible to make barrels, seed boxes and dirt boxes only with planks and maybe ropes (barrels were made and still are made without any nails). 

It should be possible to make simple barrels (in fact barrels are made without any nails - as I wrote above), chests, ladders and doors without blacksmith. Furnace and anvil should be more than enough. Additionally anvil would be of any use! You should be able to make some items with hammer, anvil and iron only. Blacksmith and more complicated, iron tools shouldn't be needed to make simple things like seed box, dirt box, simple chest or barrel.

I know why you did it, but still it's annoying - colour of ores! You should use correct colours, especially because you want children to play Ylands. A bit of education would be nice, especially if you have text tip on every bit of ore anyway. So:

Iron ore should be red or red-brown (and you could make red die from it too - a bit of history again)
Copper ore should be bright green.
Only golden ore should be golden.. but, oh, wait? Is there such thing as gold ore? :) Maybe it should be dirt with shiny, yellowish bits in it? 

This is not hard to do, why not to make colours right?

BTW. Savanna shrub gives only one seed - please change it.
BTW2. Could you make desert long grass (yellow one), long grass (green long grass) and "normal" gras different seeds (it gives normal grass seeds, as well as long grass), so we could plant it anywhere we want, please?

And regarding mushrooms... I love mushrooms... I know it's not particularly realistic, but maybe in the future you would consider extracting mycelium from mushrooms, so we could plant mushrooms as well? You know, I have to transport tons of mushrooms from island far far away...

Salt from sea water and dig from mountains and pepper and chili plants would be great too! Do you plan in the future to allow to make different dishes from different mixes of ingredients?

And one important thing yet... When we make "rousted fruits" in fireplace or stove, all fruits and berries are treated as fruits, so you don't know what fruit you are using... This is important to make different options, like it is in furnace, when melting gold, for example. Some berries like Acai berries or Prickly Pears are medicines very important in game. It would be nice if we could see what we are throwing into fire. ;)

I'm sorry for such long post, but I preferred to make one post, than be called spammer, but sending 11 separate posts,

All The Best,
ComR

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

0 replies to this bug / suggestion

No replies to this bug / suggestion